Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Isn't it UPS, not DHL? :)

2. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

Uh no, since they have different letters hehehe

....Seriously though, did they merge locally/internationally?!? (Like grab/uber)

3. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Oh shoot, UPS. Got it mixed up in my head as I sent something via DHL just recently. Both have a shade of yellow so that was ingrained in me. :ROFLMAO:

4. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

They received it in their warehouse last Dec. 23. Uploaded it on my cart the following day, Dec24, 2020. I paid my shipment last Jan. 3 (US-PHI). Got a notification that it arrived at Manila International Airport, yesterday, Jan. 8, 12:35 pm. Received it earlier at around 10am! Area is in Makati. Shipping Cart estimate it to be delivered on the Jan. 16, 2021. Received it 6 days only after I paid my shipment.

JohannChua and VicB like this.
  5. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

kango express lost my package (ipad pro and apple pencil) now they are telling me its FEDEX fault! im so lost dont know what to do.... Any advice what to do?? if t he item is worth 5k i wont mind... but were talking about 50k++ huhuhu

6. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

Omg. Was the original tracking from Apple to Kango Express show delivered? If not then you can report to Apple. If yes, Kango it's Kango's fault, it would depend in their insurance policies. Haven't tried them so I'm not sure.

7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

fedex shows delivered and signed by a certain "chang" yet kango said they dont have a person named chang also my items were never received... they ask me to conatact B&H but B&H wont help me since their argument it it was delivered and received by a person namged chang at kango.... while i was talking to kango people they told me they have a complain with fedex because of this problem. The funny thing is my brother also lost his ipad air! difference of only a week! same situation... im so lost, can any one help me or give ideas?

8. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Doesn't Kango have CCTV at their address where the packages are delivered/dropped (given their operations, I expect that they should have)? That would be the best way for Kango to prove that it wasn't delivered by Fedex, or if somebody signing off as Chang is intercepting the deliveries right at the Kango doorstep. Also, it might just be coincidence, but it looks like this Chang guy is well-informed on what packages are worth filching.

Hope it gets sorted out.

9. jologs

jologs Active Member

May I ask to which Kango warehouse address you had your iPad shipped to? Was it the new address: 20 Shea Way?

I also have an order from B&H to be shipped to Kango via FedEx. After reading about your experience, as well as some other people's horror stories with disappearing FedEx to Kango shipments, I'm thinking of cancelling my order and having the order shipped to Shipping Cart instead. I will have to pay sales tax though.

#4669 jologs, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  10. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

old warehouse of kango since... ypu kinda scary. kango said they filed a complaint on fedex but dont know if its true about it. So now here i am with out an ipad pro and pencil haha this is such a bummer! i really dont know what to do. I tried asking B&H to help me coordinate with fedex but nop they instantly said its not their fault. Has anyone tried filling for credit card (purchase protection insurance)? technically this should be covered since there was theft involved.. huhuhuh

11. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

tried arguing with B&H and kango but failed... now only hope is fedex. i never knew they did not have insurance for items being shipped there :( hayyy

12. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

So sorry to hear about your lost items. I never tried Kango but I think with your horrible experience I will not avoid them like the plague. I hope your issue gets sorted out.

I received an email from shipping cart that they are giving a discount. Business must have been bad for them lately with all the delays and hassles.

13. gaol

Was Kango able to prove that they did not receive it?

Both B&H and Fedex have paperwork to show your items were delivered. It seems Kango only has their word to claim they did not receive it.

So sorry to hear about your plight.

#4673 gaol, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  14. Silentwill

Silentwill Active Member

But how would you ask a proof of non-receipt? This is tough. Hope it still turns up or gets sorted out some way.

15. gaol

As I mentioned previously, CCTV at their reception/drop off area (and actually in all the critical areas of their warehouse where inside job pilferages, etc. could also take place) would have been very helpful or even mission-critical, especially in their line of business. It would have been a simple matter of showing footage that the package did not arrive at their doorstep, if that was happened. Video footage will also help if the packages were just misplaced (in which case they can show up eventually).

As it is, it's a he said-she said situation, but both B&H and Fedex have paper to back up their word; Kango has I don't know what (which is why I am asking).

#4675 gaol, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    ronjet likes this.
  16. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i actually agree with this. but kango seemed to not be able to show proof also...

do you guys think i can claim under the credit card insurance (purchase protection insurance)??? any one tried or anyone have any experience. this is tough 50k down the drain! it hurts :( my xmas gift to myself became my worst nightmare

17. ratburn

ratburn Member

18. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

How does this work if you use a forwarding service wherein you use their place of business as your delivery address?

19. shakeysmojo

shakeysmojo New Member

Hello, I'm new to philmug. Not sure where to ask.
    Is there anyone here who has tried using Celine Air Express' forwarding services from HK to Manila? I've been buying all of my tech from Amazon, B&H, and Apple but the deliveries usually take too long. I wanted to try buying an iPhone from Apple HK. I know of the existence of Buyandship, but it requires users to get an NTC permit. I have no idea how to process that since NTC's website only shows forms for businesses.

20. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

This is scary. I hope you can still recover your money. I bought MBP last year from B&H and have it shipped to Kango via FedEx. I was able to get the item sucessfully. Now I'm having a second thought of using kango again.