Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. raze19

raze19 Active Member

what's the best forwarder for perfumes? Shipping cart says they can process it granted the packaging does not say it's flammable lol.

2. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Johnny Air shipped mine but that was a long time ago, almost a decade ago. Try asking them if they can ship perfumes.

3. raze19

raze19 Active Member

Thanks. I did and waiting for their response. I reached out to a other forwarders like forex pobox etc. I was able to use SC and MSB a few years ago, then they stopped processing and now their saying they will, granted that there's no flammable markings.

4. teachertwish

teachertwish Active Member

INFO regarding customs taxes.
    Just sharing these for those who will be shipping > P10,000 of items:
    1. You need to pay import and duties taxes. You can compute for it here.
    2. The update list of excise taxes is here. Tick "MFN".
    I bought a HomePod from OWC (macsales.com) for $209 + $47 (DHL shipping) + P2,092 in taxes (paid online when DHL emailed me the amount in the morning it was to be delivered).

5. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Was the item shipped door to door? or was DHL used to deliver the item from the US to Philpost? I've always thought that you can "skip" paying for local taxes when your item/s will be shipped door to door via DHL/FedEX .

6. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Are Amazon shipments to the Philippines door-to-door or to the Post Office?

7. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Door to door so far, and usually earlier than their estimated delivery date

8. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

Agree. Amazon does a good job of delivering overseas orders way ahead of their ETA.

9. VicB

Thanks all!

10. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Any courier that will ship powerbank to the Philippines?

11. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

12. oagala

oagala Member

13. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

I placed a lot of orders (i.e. laptops, cameras, etc) with B&H and ship it to SC or JAC's California address before when they are still offering tax-free outside NY. All good! No issues whatsoever.

14. bus

bus Member

From experience:

Amazon did use-- early or mid-last year (?)-- a local courier that dropped your order with the local post office for final delivery. But I lost the package because the post office "could not locate address" according to Amazon tracking. The address was in Makati, along the road, with visible house number. Amazon never got their package back.

Thankfully they went back to a company delivering straight to your home. I placed an order recently for a water filter (local prices were too high) as I've planned going on a multi-day hike (iodine and chlorine tablets take hours to treat water). Received item on time.

Never had any problem with them.

:)

VicB likes this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

With laptops from B&H and shipped via SC, were there customs charges?

16. kenobiz

kenobiz Active Member

None.

17. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

I want to buy an espresso machine in Amazon UK(so that it will be 220v) and the price is beyond 10k pesos. They displayed the customs/import duties to pay and I’m fine with it. My question is, do I need to pay any additional taxes upon receiving the item? Just want to know if I can save something from buying there than buying the machine here.

18. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Be warned that in Europe they have 50Hz. PH has 60Hz. So if your espresso machine has a solenoid electromagnetic pump motor (50Hz), this may conk out prematurely just like what happened to my delonghi that was sourced in the UK. Had it serviced locally and was replaced with a 60Hz Motor. Think cost was around 7k for parts and labor. HTH

For reference, this was the damaged EU Pump Motor

IMG_2024.jpg

#4378 rednaxela, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Xotigu, Theus and JohannChua like this.
  19. VicB

Does LBC SC ship tablets with cellular function? It seems they don't ship mobile phones anymore.

20. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I have a package bound from the US but is now stuck in Taiwan. Its been there since late January this year. I do not know why it’s there and the shipper isn’t helpful as to why it couldn’t continue on here. Now that shipments from Mainland China, or HK, or even Taiwan are on hold because of COVID19, I am not sure anymore if my package will reach me at all. I am asking for a refund but the seller says that it has complied with the transaction and that the shipper is the one who should be accountable for the delay. But aren’t the seller and in-house shipper suppose to work together on this? Oe is this just a ploy to say that they won’t have anything to do with any delay on the package. Mind you, this comes from a well-known reseller in NYC and the package is almost $200 plus shipping so why am I not suppose to be worried about it?