Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I ordered something from Florida. It was shipped from Orlando, to Cincinnati, to Hong Kong, to the Philippines and back to Hong Kong? Am I reading that right? But, in fairness to DHL, they said, the shipment might be late.:D

IMG_4377.jpeg

JohannChua, raypin and hitme64 like this.
  2. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

Does Best Buy accept local credit cards and deliver to Shipping Cart’s address? There are some Black Friday deals available right now with Best Buy.

JohannChua and ronjet like this.
  3. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Yes. Just ordered from there and sent it to my SC address a few days ago.

JohannChua and ronjet like this.
  4. kinse_44

Thanks. Got the HomePod for $199.

5. khersie

khersie New Member

Hi! Usually how long ang waiting time bago dumating ang package sa pick up point? My relative drop an item sa LOs angeles JAC office yesterday. And shinip na niya. Gaano katagal dating nuon? Salamat!

6. kinse_44

More or less 10 working days.

khersie likes this.
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

We sent a package from the States two weeks ago via Fedex and hoped it to arrive before we did. It arrived yesterday, almost four days after we did. Funny that this 24x24 box left Richmond VA to Washington DC to Mexico Postal to Honolulu PO Hawaii to Seoul to Thailand and finally to Manila. It had more places visited than we did. It seems Fedex must’ve travelled to all these countries dropping off packages before finally landing here. Or maybe continued on to other countries as well. No wonder it took that long.

8. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

If you don't mind paying, DHL is FAST. Had to send something from Manila to California. Sent it Tuesday night Manila time, arrived at its California destination Thursday afternoon Manila time. It wasn't expedited, I just paid the usual fees with the box size etc.

hitme64, ronjet and JohannChua like this.
  9. khersie

khersie New Member

OK po ba ang JAC? Johnny Air Cargo? first time ko mag pa ship using this courier. salamat!

10. kinse_44

Haven’t used JAC in a long time. Using other couriers instead because they deliver my orders to my house. JAC offers door to door but for an extra fee.

11. hitme64

Tried DHL before. Same time frame, different package. Likely it’s not the shipper that has issues but the fact that the Richmond PO is considered a regional hub, the reason for the twisting itinerary of mail. The main hub is in DC.

JohannChua likes this.
  12. khersie

khersie New Member

wala bang tracking system ang Johnny air cargo?

13. JohannChua

JohannChua Active Member

Got an LBC delivery yesterday that I wasn't expecting. Turns out it was an Amazon order that I didn't forward via ShippingCart. Logistics provider was ARAMEX. Looks like LBC was the last mile partner.

14. kinse_44

They have it on their website.

15. JoeLuts

JoeLuts New Member

you could try Galleon.ph. Their delivery days is 6-12 business days and shipping cost starts at P208 for a ½ lbs item or smaller.

16. mykelangelo

mykelangelo Member

If I purchased a refurbished unit from Amazon like iphone se, would I get taxed by customs?
    What is the cheapest and reliable way of shipping platform for consolidating products which is less than 10k in pesos?
    What is the latest conversion rate by the customs?

17. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

My anecdotal experience with DHL has been impressively fast as well. I always use them where possible (to and from Philippines) and they never disappoint me. Another good option is Aramex, but I only ever used them for Sephora purchases.

18. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

For $30, Amazon delivered my order in exactly 3 days, 7 hours and 39 minutes via UPS (Dec 3 8:33am PHT to Dec 6 4:12pm PHT).

Legs: CA, US -> AK, US -> Japan -> China -> PH

hitme64 and JohannChua like this.
  19. hitme64

Got my BF package from Amazon for two (2) Echo Dots and an Echo Show for $84 bought on Friday November 29 last week, delivered through Fedex a week after. If it were to be delivered stateside, I would have received it December 2 in Virginia. I think Amazon has upped their shipping ante to better service levels.