Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Amazon and Newegg allows you to pay in Philippine pesos.

So you could produce a receipt in Philippine pesos amounting to ₽9,999.99 or less.

2. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Amazon allows you to pay customs duties up front so really no need to convert and its even direct door to door

3. jologs

jologs Active Member

Does Amazon really refund the unpaid excess of import tax deposit amount charged at checkout? If so, is it done automatically and how long does it take?

4. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

They do. Usually takes a few weeks after. They will credit it back. The Sonnet Puck I ordered had P6,354.43 import fees but got P2,490.84 as refund.

jologs likes this.
  5. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Could someone please post the Customer Service telephone # of LBC Shipping Cart? I sent an email last Thursday & still have not received a reply. Want to call them to follow up on my complaint.

6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

32 days for shipping through USPS to PhilPost. That’s the entire duration for using the regular snail postal service other than the so-called fast reliable and direct shippers. For a single hardbound book shipped from New England Publishing to New York to China to HK (I think that’s what I read in the stamp) and to Manila where it took 7 days for it to land on my doorstep. No Customs payment since the book and shipping cost only Php545.99. Would’ve spent more than that amount for other faster options so didn’t bother. Actually totally forgot I even bought the book until it arrived on a rainy Saturday.

7. justinferreros

Hi. How long does shippingcart's "preparing for shipment" usually take? Its been 4 days since my payment was confirmed and theres no update.

8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^usually 3 days... but shippingcart is notorious for not updating their packages sometimes its already at NAIA and they have yet to update it

justinferreros likes this.
  9. arlo0611

arlo0611 Member

Tried Kango Express for my Amazon purchase. A hardbound book, memory for imac, and case for the imac keyboard and trackpad. Items cost a little more than 10k, shipping less than 2k. Shipped from warehouse july 25 and picked it up from their qc office today

JohannChua likes this.
  10. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

I had a really bad experience with Kango a few months ago. They do not have insurance like Shipping Cart. Caveat emptor

11. arlo0611

arlo0611 Member

Ohhh really? Thanks for the heads-up. Was it a real expensive item?

12. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

The item got lost?

13. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

August 2018: Took Kango a long time to ship my items, i.e. hardbound graphic novels...waited 12 days for a status update that said "Ready to Ship"...almost cancelled my order with Amazon until I got an SMS telling me that the warehouse already has my items and that a substantial fee needs to be paid (P2,000.00 for a $159 total purchase)...ironic that they are called Express (Expected 3-4 days tops) and yet took that long to deliver...

14. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

It got "lost" and was "real expensive".

Whatever faults any other freight forwarder has at least they can pay up for their mistakes.

15. pfb82

pfb82 Member

I woukd like to ask if u have SC email address as i need to return item from amazon urgently. Wrong del.

16. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

customercare@lbcshippingcart.ph

Be patient though ;)

jlconferido likes this.
  17. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

You can email the return label to customer care and they will take care of the rest.

I want to order hydroponic nutrients in Amazon. Can you suggest a shipping company that can accept liquid fertilizers? The nutrients I need is either expensive or frequently not available here.

18. justinferreros

This is so accurate sir. The only update since my payment confirmed was its on its way to my doorstep lol.

I am now on my 3rd transaction with shipping cart, my seller had it delivered on a Sat at 9 am. But says receiver not available and will make a 2nd attempt on the next business day. Which is monday, it sucks because i paid extra 35 USD to have it delivered on a saturday (weekend.)

Its also confusing how did that happen when its clearly stated on shippingcart's website that it accepts packages even on weekends from 6 am to 3pm.

Anyone experienced No receiver available from Shipping Cart?

19. driggsss

driggsss Member

Is it safe to buy laptop from amazon then have it shipped here (PH) via shippingcart? May chance ba na ma-hold sa customs?

20. pfb82

pfb82 Member

i did 2 separate times, shipped the laptop via SC sea cargo... everything went well