Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

You really don't need the bill of lading when requesting tax refund from Amazon. But since you cannot do it anymore, just wait for your package to arrive and it's in the plastic sleeve.

Moving forward, screenshot the package with its tracking number once it arrived. You can add also the payment you made and the shipping history (make sure it shows you're shipping the order here in the Philippines).

I just requested last night for a refund and they replied within 5 minutes after I email them. Take note that my item is still in the US (shipped via sea). :)

See below for an example:

sample.PNG

sample 2.PNG

shootertwist, VicB and C9 like this.
  2. magnus

magnus Active Member

How much is the total shipping cost of that shoes alone?

Can we copy your email message to amazon? Hehe

3. magnus

magnus Active Member

What freight forwarder can Gimbals be shipped via air? And how much is the cost if someone had already done this? Thanks

seahaven likes this.
  4. ronnel0918

I ordered 3 shoes actually and some small items. Total cost was around ~1.5k.

---------------------------

Sample email to
    tax-exempt@amazon.com

Good day!

Requesting please for tax refunds of my order:

(use this format)
    Order Number | Tracking Number | Tax

See attached screenshots of my courier used to ship my items here in the Philippines:

(insert all items in your Shipping cart with Amazon's tracking number)

magnus likes this.
  5. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

That's the thing, I already sent them the same screenshots as well, all the steps, and they still requested the bill of lading/airway bill from me. This is the second time that happened to me, actually. I just followed my previous successful formats and all.. I guess it really depends on the person who is handling your CS/Tax concerns. :/

MFD888 likes this.
  6. ronnel0918

Oh, what I usually do is resend the email. Sometimes I have to resend it 3 times before someone approves it. :LOL:

warmgreentea and MFD888 like this.
  7. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

I noticed that Shipping Cart is slow to respond to emails. What I would do is to use the customer service chat

warmgreentea likes this.
  8. warmgreentea

I got my 3rd email saying the same generic thing that I need this and that, which I've been supplementing them every email; twice with the correct BOLs and descriptions now. This is getting frustrating, haha. I also noticed that all emails were sent by Indian representatives. That can be a factor. Ho hum.

9. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Never had any issue with refunds and I was never asked to send the BoL.

10. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

Quite a long thread ... as of 2018, which US-based shipper would you recommend for electronic products?

11. warmgreentea

After the 4th email, this person finally initiated the refund process. I knew it, my papers were right (incidentally, LBC also sent a revised BOL this morning).

Lesson learned: keep spamming them until the right person understands your claim. :unsure::D

12. magnus

magnus Active Member

What to do next???
    --------
    Hello,

We have reviewed the documentation provided to support your request for a refund of the tax calculated on order #Xxxx. The documentation does not contain all the information required.

To process a tax refund, we will need a copy of the Bill of Lading or Air Waybill which can be related to the order through item description, Amazon tracking, or order number and also evidences the delivery destination.

Please contact the Freight Forwarder, and they will be able to provide you with the appropriate documentation. This is per the guidance we received from the taxing jurisdiction regarding the documentation requirements for tax refunds on items delivered to a Freight Forwarder for export outside of the United States.

You can attach and send the document in PDF format. Please also include the following:

- Your order number (17 digits in this format: XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX).
    - If submitting a request for a tax refund on multiple orders, documentation will need to be provided for each order and clearly marked which order it pertains to.

Pictures of the labels on the shipment box or mobile screen shots CANNOT be accepted as valid documentation.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

13. angstly

angstly Member

The amazon tax refund process is fast. Sent my bill of lading March 7 and by March 9 my credit card was credited. Good job, Amazon.

Ghibli likes this.
  14. Juicecasmot

Juicecasmot Member

Hi! Do you guys have any idea how much I will pay for duties for a DHL package? Ordered 3 pairs of shoes from the US and directly shipped it to my provincial address. I know, rookie mistake. Thanks!

15. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

How do you process the ordering and shipping from Kickstarter? Do you directly ship the product here in the Philippines or you still use myshipping cart or other forwarder? Thanks.
    Also, the amount is $199 not including shipping. Do you think it will have some import duties if shipped directly here?

#4055 ronjet, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  16. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

I normally send my KS item thru LBC unless the KS vendor will be shipping from China AND the item's value is less than Php 10k. Your $199 is more than Php 10k so that will be subject to tax.

ronjet likes this.
  17. ronjet

I can also split the items from KS like $100 and $99 then I’ll compare the shipping cost or It will be better to just use myshipping cart?

18. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

Interested as well. I'm thinking of purchasing some HDDs.

19. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup, you can compare the shipping costs for split shipments of your KS items straight to the Philippine vs shipping cost via LBC with all your KS items combined.

ronjet likes this.
  20. ronjet

Thanks VicB.