Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

I use MSB also, yes they quite take some time for airfreight. Just got my new Jawbone Era, chromecast and HTC One max power case. A Tumi gym bag is also waiting for me to authorize the shipment.

2. xtine

xtine Active Member

Finally received my package today. The entire transaction took a little longer than expected, especially compared to my previous transactions with them. Anyway I'm just glad my order's finally here :)

3. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Reviving this thread because I'm thinking of using My Shopping Box to get an iPhone 6.

Any recent experiences with them from anyone here? The impressions have been quite good on here and the internet, from what I've gathered.

4. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

Got a MOGA controller from Amazon recently, delivered by MSB. Been using the service for quite some time now and I must say they're consistent and competitive. Definitely more expensive than sea shippers but more affordable than JAC (albeit slower than 2-3 days). My MOGA arrived in exactly 10 days and I paid only $16.49 (after the 3% GCASH AMEX discount), everything in.

If you're going to get an iPhone 6 via them, I suggest getting extra insurance. Their free insurance coverage is up to $100 only, so if, y'know, something happens with something as precious as that, you'll recover the whole amount, not that I'm saying something's going happen, but there's nothing wrong with being extra careful.

5. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

That's good to hear! How's customer service like (e.g. do they respond quickly to inquiries, notify you immediately when they receive your package/problems with the package, easy to get a hold of them via phone etc etc.)?

I've actually been using JAC for the longest time but I usually send packages to either friends/relatives and they're the one who send it via JAC. Since I don't really want to burden these people too much, MSB seems like the better option when it comes to self-sending packages from the US.

6. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

I have no personal experience in sending inquiry emails or calling (never needed to), but based on the comments of what I've read online, they do respond pretty quickly to emails. The only seriously annoying thing about them is their lack of real time updates, as in they only have three status updates on your dashboard: RECEIVED IN WAREHOUSE, ORDER DEPARTED FROM US, and RECEIVED BY END CUSTOMER. So say you ordered from Amazon, and Amazon says your product has been delivered successfully. The MSB dashboard will display nothing up until 24 hours later, to which they then say your item was successfully received. This usually gives some strong jitters to first time customers. Also, after authorizing your product for shipment, it'll just say that your order has departed, up until you receive it. No other description, just that your order has departed (makes me think their update system is "manual). You'll be surprised that it's just arrived at your doorstep. However, they do deliver in every sense of the word.

7. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

^
    Jim, there's one more Status, "GOOD DISPATCHED AT MSB MANILA FACILITY". When the Status changes to this one, expect to receive the delivery either on that day or on the next day.

Satisfied MSB user here (15 transactions already). What I don't like is the packaging that Amazon uses sometimes. :p

#27 glennba27, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  8. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Thanks for the info!

Just one last thing, cellphones (i.e. the iPhone) should be safe to deliver, correct? Every freight forwarder I've seen doesn't allow the shipment of lithium batteries but since the battery is merely a component of the item, I would assume this is fine.

9. dr_prbc

dr_prbc Member

Hi! Regarding their customer service, well it's not that I have problems, but when I first started using MSB I would always be paranoid when amazon would tell me that my package has been delivered but it does not show up on my MSB page so during my first few trials I would always email them and ask them the same thing: "Where is my package? Amazon told me they delivered it already." and they would reply very quickly and very politely. Usually it takes a few hours after you send them an email or the next day, but I never remembered waiting too long just to get a reply. But now, since I am confident with their service, I just wait patiently.

I frequently use MSB for my transactions in the US, from cellphone cases, business cards for my mom and a NAS. :)

10. Sven

Sven Active Member

Email custserv is good, they reply within the day, phone support is the same.

They also provide the tracking # of your package when they already sent it via LBC, only if you requested.

No problem with cellphones and powerbanks, I think the ban on lithium batteries are for literal lithium batteries order only.

11. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

I've gone ahead and made an account with MSB due to all of your positive reviews and experiences with them thus far. Thanks for the help, guys! I'll post my own impressions once I've made my order.

12. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

The only thing i hate about my-shopping box is how they measure packages in plastic envelopes. They actually measure the dimensions which is unfair considering you can fold the plastic to become smaller. JAC charges actual shipping weight when the package is in a plastic envelope. I tried contesting to MSB a package from american eagle which was shipped in a plastic envelope, they taped it to become smaller so they overcharged me 1 pound. I didn't get any reply regarding the item I contested.

As for electronics, I'm a bit hesitant since they put on the waybill the actual description of the item so the delivery guys might get tempted.

13. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

iPhone season again. Last year I used MSB to have my 5s shipped from the U.S. They charged me for a pound of tech and it actually got delivered with no problem. I concur though that it is worrying to see delivery packages being labeled esp for those that are very expensive. Thankfully no problems yet *cross fingers*.

Btw, i don't suggest you put MSB shipping address right away as apple will cancel your order since its a forwarding company. Put a relative's address and then change in 24 hours to fool the address check system. Goodluck!

14. ericb

ericb Active Member

Anybody tried shipping from Canada to Manila? Can we use JAC, Corner8 or MSB to ship to Manila? Thanks in advance.

15. jushjush

jushjush Member

Hi guys, whats the 25$ upon signing up on My shipping box for? Considering trying out MSB due to the positive reviews. :)

Also, can someone englighten me how MSB works? Like, if I order online and send to me MSB address, how do I get to pay MSB? Since its door-to-door delivery, I dont see how you get to pay them for the freight.

Thanks!

16. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

Registration fee. Before, they waive it for BDO cardholders. Check their website if they still offer that promo.

17. xtine

xtine Active Member

If you have a BDO credit card, you get a year's membership free. If not, I think membership fees are cheaper with their Globe promo.

18. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

I think MSB caters US market only.

But if the shipping from Canada to US is cheap, you can send your package at their California address.

19. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Does MSB accept deliveries made on a weekend? I've currently unchecked the option to deliver on weekends from Amazon but if MSB can receive items on a weekend, I'd rather tick that option and get items faster.

20. Sven

Sven Active Member

Once had my package re-delivered the next day because it was a Sunday, not sure about Saturdays.