Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

LBC's shipping cart seems real slow these days. They have that notice though, but still, it's been 8 days since they got my package, and it has not showed up in "My Storage" yet ...

2. jmkerr12

jmkerr12 Member

Same here.. Mine though is 7 days since they received the packages. Been checking all day since then..

Is there anything we can do to get this expedited?

3. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Same situation as you guys. Will be calling them tomorrow to get them to update my My Storage page.

4. arnel312

arnel312 Member

Mine is different, it only took them 6 days to deliver , the problem is some items are missing.

5. mmarc

mmarc Member

Delivered - June 29, 2016, Date Stored - July 6, 2016. Looks like it really takes a week before it gets stored with Shipping Cart.

As to shipping, I paid for a shipment last June 30, 2016. No tracking number until now.

Any other alternatives aside from JAC and Shipping Cart?

6. Dale

Dale New Member

Same here, paid it last June 29 and still no updates regarding the tracking#. Very slow

7. Dale

Dale New Member

You mean that your package was already delivered at the time they sent you the "in transit" email? Just worrying here 'cause it's been 8 days since I paid it and I still don't have my tracking # :(

8. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

Mine naman, I got the 'in transit' email for my air cargo 2-3 days before I actually received my package.

I'm all okay with it, its still well within the estimated delivery date anyways.

Dale likes this.
  9. iamjeff

iamjeff Member

Same. Nag update nga sakin, di pa kinumpleto. 1 out of 3 pa lang ineencode samantalang, sabay dumating yung 2 at kinabukasan dumating yung pangatlo. Halos isang linggo na yun!

10. iamjeff

iamjeff Member

Have you tried Jinio? Okay din sila, huwag lang electronics.

11. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

My package finally showed up at shippingcart 9 days after they received it, but says it's "not eligible for international shipping. Ship to another US address." uh-oh ... waiting for customer care's response to my email...

12. mmarc

mmarc Member

Curious to know what item is this?

13. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Zoysia grass seeds, one lb worth. I've ordered the same item from amazon before, wala namang problema, except that I was overcharged at P1,600 instead of P800 as their rate calculator says.

14. melvel

melvel Member

I used to love LBC Shipping Cart, but now, no more. They've been unable to keep pace with the increasing volume of items shipped to their storage facility. My issues:

1. It is completely stupid to measure and weigh the items while still in the original shipper's box. Of course the original shipper's box will be bigger and will lead to increased fees. If they're going to measure and weigh that way, then they shouldn't remove the items from the shipper's packaging (which makes consolidation useless).

2. They overweigh/overmeasure the items (I think deliberately). For those who don't really look at the actual weight of the items they've bought, they will just go ahead and pay the fees charged based on incorrect weight without bothering to check. I was first alerted of this when I bought a two-piece bathing suit. The two pieces arrived in separate packages, and when I was ready to ship, I was shocked to be charged for P1,400 (for a bathing suit!). When I looked at UPS weight for the items, the top was 0.60 lbs while the bottom was 0.30 lbs. Which means I should be charged for $5.99 +$10 only (or about P750). I had to contact their customer care hotline, send screencaps of the UPS tracking page showing the correct weight, before they even made a change. What a hassle.

15. xtine

xtine Active Member

^ Couldn't agree more. After this box I'm going back to Forex for by-sea items and Jinio/MSB for items by-air.

16. blessie15

blessie15 Active Member

I'm stopping using LBC until they get their process together. I paid for a sea cargo in May 29, fast forward a month later, it still has not been consolidated. Estimated delivery date was today until July 16. They have refunded me & gave me a tracking number but the tracking number is useless because they still have not consolidated my box. I worry that they've lost the items.

As for their weighing/measurement method for air freight, yes its puzzling to me too. I had thought they would ship the items in the original boxes (i'm ok with this because it protects the items I'm shipping) but lo & behold they decided to consolidate the items in one small kilobox... saving themselves money & charging me too much. I have had to send them emails from the seller detailing the correct measurement of some of my items. They measured one at 23 x 7 x 6 when in fact it was only 12 x 7 x 6. It was countless of emails until they resolved it.

Meanwhile myEcasa have suddenly announced they will stop operations without any advanced notice. I have 3 packages with them which they will only ship AFTER they've moved warehouses.

Not a great month for me. I will try to use my shopping box & jinio for any shipments muna. Its been exhausting.

17. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Any success stories in shipping a large TV from the US to PH?

18. ericb

ericb Active Member

Hi guys, have you tried shipping liquids (air freshener/odor eliminator, glass cleaner) via air through JohnnyAir? Any recommendations? :)

19. pfb82

pfb82 Member

Does forex offer consolidation, similar to msb?

20. xtine

xtine Active Member

Yes, they do. I've only ever tried their by-sea service hough. I think they also ship by air but not sure about their rates. Very happy with their sea cargo service though -- items are packed very compactly and you pay by the box (not per item like LBC) so you really get your money's worth when it comes to consolidation.

#2920 xtine, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    VicB likes this.