Shipping from US to Manila

Discussion in 'General OT' started by theadvocate_ivan, Jan 28, 2014.

1. sethxyz

sethxyz Member

Is this confirmed? I might go back to LBC because Jinio doesn't double box packages = prone to pilferage.

2. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

^ that's according to the CSR on Twitter

3. nikolodeon

nikolodeon Member

maybe not. i've tried comparing the shipping options for my 2 packages, still huge discrepancy in cost

4. poison_ivy

poison_ivy Member

Yeah. That's because even if they supposedly measure the item itself, sometimes they pad the dimensions. I was contesting the dimensions of one of the Legos I ordered. The dimensions the same on different websites, e.g. Amazon, ToysRus, Kmart, etc. LBC's measurement has a a few inches discrepancy but when translated to pounds, it's about 2.5 pounds difference, so that's an additional Php600 plus additional shipping cost if I choose air cargo.

They replied saying that they won't accommodate remeasurement of package since it's just a tiny discrepancy. I mean, 600 plus additional is probably not much by some people's standards but I'm trying to get as much savings as I can. I was going to choose aircargo if they remeasured it since that was my original budget when I bought the set taking into account the measurements provided by Amazon but now I guess I have to go sea cargo and my daughter has to wait months for the Lego she asked for.

I'll probably jump ship to Jinio after I see what my first package is like with them. However, Jinio has a different denominator when measuring dimensions compared with other freight forwarders so packages would probably be a bit expensive with them. We'll see. Plus, Connecticut has lower sales tax compared with CA, so there's that to consider. I'm just REALLY disappointed with LBC. I've shipped a lot of packages with them, spending probably around 50K already.

5. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Just called LBC. If your package isn't appearing in your My Stored Items page even if it's already past 3 business days or if your item is physically delivered but without email confirmation from Shipping Cart, apparently those aren't isolated cases. It's a known issue with their system migration since April 9. Make sure to call them and mention your tracking numbers to have them fixed ASAP.

I actually believe that they're migrating their system (and they're having issues with it) because I noticed this two weeks ago. They actually had two websites - lbcshippingcart.ph and shippingcart.com - that have completely different data even though they look identical on the surface. At that time, you can login to both sites but the My Stored Items and My Shipments pages on the new one were blank. Last week, they closed down the old one and redirected to the new one, explaining their downtime. They're just having bad luck with their system upgrades. (Remember last year? Yeah, that was a pain...)

VicB and marcalbar like this.
  6. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

^Thanks for the heads up. My 3 business day period is due by tomorrow morning. I'll definitely get in touch with them if it doesn't show up tomorrow on their website.

7. tsoknat

tsoknat New Member

How long does it usually take to get my box delivered from the cargo delivery hub to my house? I paid the box last February 8, it's more than 2 months now.

Date/Time Activity
    02/27/2016 ACCEPTED AT: Office 199
    02/29/2016 CONTAINER STUFFING
    03/06/2016 ESTIMATED VESSEL DEPARTURE
    03/19/2016 NEW ESTIMATED VESSEL DEPARTURE
    03/19/2016 ACTUAL VESSEL DEPARTURE
    03/31/2016 ESTIMATED ARRIVAL SUBIC INTERNATIONAL PORT
    04/05/2016 ESTIMATED ARRIVAL TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/05/2016 ACTUAL ARRIVAL TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/08/2016 ESTIMATED DEPARTURE TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/08/2016 ACTUAL DEPARTURE TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/10/2016 ESTIMATED ARRIVAL 2ND TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/11/2016 ACTUAL ARRIVAL 2ND TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/12/2016 ESTIMATED DEPARTURE 2ND TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/12/2016 ACTUAL DEPARTURE 2ND TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    04/14/2016 NEW ESTIMATED ARRIVAL SUBIC INTERNATIONAL PORT
    04/14/2016 ACTUAL ARRIVAL SUBIC INTERNATIONAL PORT
    04/14/2016 CONTAINER DISCHARGED FROM VESSEL
    04/14/2016 FOR CUSTOMS PROCESSING
    04/16/2016 RECEIVED AT LBC MANILA WAREHOUSE
    04/16/2016 FORWARDED TO PASIG CARGO DELIVERY HUB
    04/17/2016 RECEIVED AT PASIG CARGO DELIVERY HUB

8. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Darn I thought they went back to their way of measuring items. Oh well. No choice for me since I'm shipping items that aren't allowed in Jinio and another that will set me back by $30 more for a 1 lb item.

3 business days is up for one of my items. I'll probably email them tonight. Twitter CSR told me though that they process then in 3-5 business days now.

9. Cagz

Cagz New Member

Aw. My package hasn't been posted yet since they received it last April 1. Email their custcare thrice but they can't give any details. Their alibi, no feedback from warehouse team. How long should I wait for that package to appear on my account? Does anyone here experience asking for a refund? Thanks

10. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

So its 3-5 business days now, i knew it LbC is up to something again when they emailed me "they are improving their services" tsk tsk

11. nikolodeon

nikolodeon Member

Did you receive an email notification?

12. Cagz

Cagz New Member

I did... I received 2 email notification for 2 packages however they only posted 1 on my account. The other one isn't posted yet till now.

13. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

They're now emailing to expect delays due to surge of volume of shipments.

14. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

That's BS imo. Ang tagal pa ng Black Friday.

15. stevejab

stevejab Member

No more consolidation for myecasa...

16. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

It looks as if our shipments were on the same boat. Have a similar tracking route & still not have received anything as of 5 PM, 19 Apr. With their air cargo, it took a max of 3 days from their receipt in Pasig to delivery.

17. torque

torque New Member

And I thought I was the only one having a bad sea cargo batch.. 61 days to the dot.

02/14/2016 ACCEPTED AT: Office 199
    03/02/2016 CONTAINER STUFFING
    03/06/2016 ESTIMATED VESSEL DEPARTURE
    03/06/2016 ACTUAL VESSEL DEPARTURE
    03/23/2016 ESTIMATED ARRIVAL TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    03/23/2016 ACTUAL ARRIVAL TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    03/29/2016 ESTIMATED DEPARTURE TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    03/29/2016 ACTUAL DEPARTURE TRANSHIPMENT PORT
    03/31/2016 ESTIMATED ARRIVAL SUBIC INTERNATIONAL PORT
    03/31/2016 ACTUAL ARRIVAL SUBIC INTERNATIONAL PORT
    03/31/2016 CONTAINER DISCHARGED FROM VESSEL
    03/31/2016 FOR CUSTOMS PROCESSING
    04/01/2016 RECEIVED AT LBC MANILA WAREHOUSE
    04/04/2016 FORWARDED TO PROVL BALIKBAYAN CARGO DELIVERY HUB
    04/12/2016 RECEIVED AT PROVL BALIKBAYAN CARGO DELIVERY HUB
    04/14/2016 OUT FOR DELIVERY
    04/15/2016 OUT FOR DELIVERY
    04/15/2016 POSTED STATUS : RELEASED TO REPRESENTATIVE

18. torque

torque New Member

I had requested a re-measurement before because I had two identical bags from 2 different shippers and they reflected different measurements in my account. It was facilitated my Mads (Manila) and took about 1-2 days.

However, I still suspect some kind of padding because even if my shipper (with my consent) folded my item to fit into a smaller package, I think they measured my item in its actual unfolded size, not as how it arrived in their warehouse.

19. tsoknat

tsoknat New Member

Thanks! Hopefully, we'll get our box this week. I shipped two boxes about a week apart. This was actually the first box, the second one I already got last April 2.

20. tsoknat

tsoknat New Member

I get nervous when this happens. Hope future sea cargo deliveries take less than 60 days.