Share Your Videos!

Discussion in 'Videographers' started by de2, Jun 15, 2004.

1. de2

de2 Member

would love to see other members videos online.

it can be anything, as long as you edited/produced it yourself.

we can also make this thread as a place where we can receive constructive criticism so we can improve our newbie (for me at least) editing skills and video handling.

anybody want to start sharing links?

2. subtleclarity

subtleclarity Member

do you have videos? :)

whats a nice site to uploads videos with?

3. de2

de2 Member

i usually use my .Mac account for my movie uploads.

but i've seen other people from other forums use AngelFire (20megs), FreeWebs(40megs), DotEasy(100megs).

4. de2

de2 Member

here's a song that my quartet performed in church here in vancouver.

any comments on the editing would be appreciated.

broadband internet recommended to view.

download QuickTime attachment to play the movie.

5. subtleclarity

subtleclarity Member

well, this aint mine... but i think the video is cool

its a video of a dancing skeleton puppet

:)<-click

6. ryanfelipe

ryanfelipe Member

i think that was a great one, de2! how did you record the audio? that's far better recording (audio quality) than those opm concerts here in vcds.

7. Bob Serrano

Bob Serrano Guest

Here's the video I produced for the G5 Launch a year ago held at the Dusit. I promised Admin Adel I'd post this link a long time ago but it sort of fell through the cracks. Some of you might have been there at the live event...

Here was the idea: To create a 30-sec TVC (television commercial) for a product in front of a live audience--from shooting live talents, to product shots, to CG, rough edit, soundtrack and final edit. All done with a couple of G5 Macs, a Canon XL-1, 2 talents, a crew of 5 people, and staffed by 2--All in 3 and 1/2 hours--on stage. (OK, we cheated a bit and did the product shots about 1 hour before the audience started trickling in the ballroom--but we did it on stage. Credits go to the following: Talents: Dale Villar and Corina Pettyjohn (courtesy of STAGES), Soundtrack by Alan Feliciano, Live guitar tracks by Mike and Angelo Villegas. Executive Producer, Christopher Tan (then of Apple). Camera, FCP editing, animation, director--yours truly :p

Here's the link:
    http://homepage.mac.com/jmsserrano/maconmac/iMovieTheater19.html

hope you like it.

8. tdbur

tdbur Member

That was a great TVC.. hard to believe it was just 3 and 1/2 hours of work. How did you make the cg during the last few seconds of the comercial?

9. hacksaw

hacksaw Member

hi Bob! video does not play. :(

edit-

Sorry Bob. Its working now. My quicktime was acting up.
    Thanks for sharing. Very cool!

~hacksaw

[Edited on 10-19-2004 by hacksaw]

10. Bob Serrano

Bob Serrano Guest

The animated Mac logo in the end was done in Infini-D rendered with an alpha channel so I could layer the background later. I rrealize it's an ancient program which works in Classic but hey, it's cheap and easy to operate. Besides, it renders faster than ever--even in Classic. The flames and dark smoky background I'm sure you recognize from LiveType. ;)

11. chairman

chairman Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Bob, that was pretty darn good! Better than some of the commercials I've seen on T.V. that took more than days to shoot. Great job!

12. Bob Serrano

Bob Serrano Guest

Thanks for the kind words. Truth be told, a couple of ad agency guys (who will remain nameless) approached me right after the event, visibly pissed. Not for anything but the fact that the whole exercise kinda made agencies look bad (to their clients). True, the TVC was shot in digital (as opposed to film) and posted strictly for TV (as opposed to having the option for cinematic release). But considering what can be achieved in half a day and a shoestring budget... Well, you know what I mean.

13. opd

opd Active Member

simple video captured last week with my little digital point & shoot, a pentax optio s40.

brought the resulting .avi file into imovie, punched the "share" button which compressed it so I could post it on .Mac no sweat

14. rbpops

rbpops Member

hmmmm any reason why i was able to view opd's video and not bob's?

15. dude_funk

dude_funk Guest

Previously posted in PinoyMac.org. Been meaning to post this for a while :)

Here's a couple of music videos I did circa 1996, long before the era of software-only desktop solutions. I've been playing around with the Hardware NLE equipment (Avids running with dedicated hardware on a PowerMac 8100) I support back then.

http://dude_funk.spymac.net/swtesbseal.mov
    -Features Seal's "Kiss From A Rose" on Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back footage on VHS.

http://dude_funk.spymac.net/aliensmovbg.mov
    -More hurriedly done. Features Depeche Mode's "Somebody" on Aliens VHS footage.

Sorry about QuickTime encoding quality/artifact issues.

Please note that I did these videos as a hobby and interest. In no way did I earn money doing these videos. All Copyright and Trademarks of the music and films are with their respective owners. Please do not redistribute on other pretenses.
    :beer:

16. kalbo

kalbo New Member

Just saw this line.
    (note new edit) my .Mac is acting up and I can't get the movie files to work.
    sorry

I would like to share some of the projects I did in school.

This one was made by one group of my students (12 year-olds). Sorry - it's huge 45MB
    http://homepage.mac.com/mladao/iMovieTheater11.html

This one I made as a short film of images and music just as a teaser to my lecture on Audiovisual Storybook projects.
    http://homepage.mac.com/mladao/iMovieTheater12.html

All made on iMovie with a Sony Cybershot - I don't remember what, it belongs to the school.
    It's good enough for a teacher. Appreciate your comments.

[Edited on 12-29-2004 by kalbo]

17. carlodl

carlodl Member

18. de2

de2 Member

here's one i made yesterday.

access it HERE or HERE

19. kalbo

kalbo New Member

hi de2,
    nice presentation - was that all done on iMovie? Or did you use something else? I'm guessing something else because I would not know how your introduction on iMovie.

Would appreciate some tips.

20. de2

de2 Member

thanks.

i did it in Final Cut Pro using Motion Tab.

for the intro, i used the templates available inside LiveType.