Screen Problem iBook G4

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by ricocamus, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ricocamus

ricocamus Member

The screen on my iBook G4 suddenly lost the image on lower portion and was looking for help diagnosing the problem.

Here's an photo of the screen:

[​IMG]

What I have tried so far:

1. Hooked up to an external monitor - image is complete, no problems on the external monitor
    2. Did a screen grab using the grab utility - the full image shows, no cut off on the lower portion.

I am guessing that it is the LCD that is the problem and would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience. I don't think I'll have it fixed (this is a pretty old computer) but I'd like reassurance that its only the LCD that is gone.

Thanks,

2. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

yes its an lcd problem and you need to replace the lcd panel... i experienced the same symptoms on powerbook g4 15" units. do you have a 12" or 14" ibook g4?

3. ricocamus

ricocamus Member

Thanks. It's the 12 inch version

4. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

sent you pm!