Samsung Galaxy S7

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ice, Feb 1, 2016.

1. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

If anyone finds out a stock of a case for the edge model, please pm me. Thank you

2. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Well-Known Member

Yes, 2nd sim has LTE, Globe works fine. You just can't have two LTE's working, you have to switch.

armel, Pupkin and tortillas like this.
  3. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Have you tried Lazada? They have various cases for S7 Edge already.

4. C9

C9 Active Member

for S7 edge, spigen has clear jelly and black cases for 700. some cell shops have generic clear jelly cases for 250

5. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Smart sales said VR isn't free anymore. Bummer

6. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

If I didn't just buy the S6 edge last October, I'd be buying the S7 edge. Hahaha.

7. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

once you get a new phone you'll have to change your plan as well (goodbye unli LTE).

8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

offgrey likes this.
  9. Yagbolz

Well, Smart is f*cking with all the unlimited subscribers they have. They already put data cap on us (or just me). I'm monitoring my data usage starting last week. When I used up 1gb my data speed drops from 20mbps to .05mbps damn it! Can't even open fb page on my phone. And the thing I'm most pissed about is they're not telling about this shitty data cap. I've been calling them relentlessly and all they say is they have a problem with their system. Smart is f*cking irritating right now.

10. jetan

your unlidata is affected on their system. they mistakenly sent surfmax to unlidata that's why it's capped at 1GB. i just call them everyday so that they would know that the 1GB cap still persists. now it' back to normal.

11. Yagbolz

So, there're still hope? What did you do sir? I'll call tomorrow.

12. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

Just a headsup, cases abound at Spigen Kiosks all over the metro. Got the new crystal thin edition from their UP Town Center Kiosk for 1,200. Now I don't need a tissue everytime i lay this baby down the table at starbucks :)

13. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

One more thing I realized after 15years using an apple gadget (iphone included), you can never let go of your first love. An iphone is as robust and reliable as it is. This s7 edge for an avid apple user is just a secondary phone with another network. Having both addresses two things for a business person like me: 1. LTE is always available anywhere (mostly having globe or smart network) and 2. When the other phone is drained, the other phone usually has battery left and serves as a backup phone.

Pupkin likes this.
  14. acid_burn628

acid_burn628 Active Member

Hi, does anyone have a globe issued s7 edge? Is the sim locked? Is sim 2 unlocked? Planning to get one next week.

Also, can you check what camera sensor the globe s7 edge have? Sony or Isocell?

For the processor, I believe exynos is the variant that we will be getting right?

15. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

I don't have s7 edge I have the s7 and sim 1 is locked to globe while sim 2 is open line .

16. acid_burn628

Thank you for this information. This is very helpful. May I know where sim1 is? I assume sim 2 is the one where the micro sd card is placed?

17. jetan

better tell them that you're experiencing a 1GB cap. just check when did you encounter it. mine was March 11. you need to have this reported otherwise they might not give you bill rebates or your old data package might get compromised.

18. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

yes sim 1 is in front of the sim tray and sim 2 is where the micro sd card is placed

19. acid_burn628

Thank you. The reason I asked is I wanted to use this hack.

[​IMG]

By placing my main sim card into the micro SD card and using Sim1 as my open sim for various application like if I go abroad and use other country's sim for data. This would save me a lot of money. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Which means I can still use other country's sim at SIM2 slot with the sacrifice of an SD card. I will then have to use external OTG drives for photos and videos.

Does globe offer titanium color?

#139 acid_burn628, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  20. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

not sure as to what color is available since I was really interested in the black color. I am also thinking about that hack but quite scary and risky.