Samsung Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by melc, Sep 18, 2012.

1. tulogista

tulogista Member

i got an update last night too, 45mb. i wonder what the changes are?

2. iann11

iann11 New Member

hi guys, magtatanong lng sana ako kung yung mga ganitong guide SIM Unlocking you Galaxy S4 i9505 for FREE | S4Tips.com
    ba pra mag unlock ng S4 eh tlagang gumagana sa local telcos dito sa atin..
    marami na din akng na search sa google na ganitong guide ang binibigay pero so far wla akong na confirm na gumana tlga yung local sim ng ibang network after doing the process..puro kc abroad ang mga examples nila..

3. iann11

iann11 New Member

by the way, Globe locked kc ang S4 ko..sa pagbabasa ko dito sa thread, ang ginamit kc nilang paraan pra ma unlock eh yung gumamit ng code na may bayad mula sa mga websites..gusto ko sanang mkaconfirm if gumagana tlga yung mga guide pra nman libre nlng pag unlock..

4. li_wei

li_wei Member

got ours from hk. units available in samsung store in china, ask for China Unicom version i9502

5. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

The guide no longer works if you have the latest firmware. I was able to unlock mine but I had an old firmware. The workaround is to flash older versions of the firmware so that the unlock method will work. My opinion, just pay for the unlock if you are not comfortable flashing via Odin.

6. iann11

iann11 New Member

ahh, i guess it wont work on my s4 anymore, nka-ilang updates na din kc yun..lagot na..kailangan na tlga atang magbayad..susubukan q munang ipaunlock to dun sa mga tga repair ng celpones sa mall..tingnan q kung i-root nila before i-unlock..

7. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

@ iann11

Welcome to philmug.

The rules here require us to refrain from textspeak. Also, the preferred medium is English.

Enjoy your stay. :)

8. miggyhipolito

miggyhipolito Active Member

How do I mute the camera shutter sound? It's annoying. I tried muting/vibrating the phone but no luck. There is also no option in the camera app for turning off the shutter sound.

9. theadvocate_ivan

Whay does the "H" means in data mobile signal found on the upper right? Is iy equivalent to 4G?

10. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

H stands for HSDPA (i think). You will see a "4G" symbol if your phone gets for 4G LTE

11. mochaholic

mochaholic Member

Is fhe i9502 LTE already? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

12. theadvocate_ivan

Thanks for the clarification!

Strange, I usually get LTE with my iphone at my office. Now, I'm not even getting 3G. Anybody experience weaker data mobile compared to iphone?

13. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

Mine is the opposite. Lock your signal to lte. Download telinfo.

14. theadvocate_ivan

Thanks for the tip!

15. acid_burn628

acid_burn628 Active Member

What signal do you get? H and H+ is higher than 3g, lower than 4g LTE.

Only E and G are lower than 3g.

Also, if you are using globe, you have to ask hotline to activate your 4g before you can use it.

16. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Hi. Is anyone using the S4 to connect via Bluetooth (for handsfree calling or to stream music) to a Pioneer or Alpine or other aftermarket car stereo? Any problems experienced so far?

17. iann11

iann11 New Member

ok i'm sorry about that. thanks for the caution.

18. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

19. acid_burn628

acid_burn628 Active Member

Is a samsung galaxy s4 lte advanced with snapdragon 800 And adreno 330 GPU significantly faster especially for games? Is it worth upgrading? Or shall I wait for the iphone 5s?

20. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Finally got one. This is my first Android phone ever. From iPhone 4S to Samsung S4. Been an iPhone zealot since 2007.

Pros:

The screen is huge. The phone is huge but nice and thin.

Google Play Store is no slouch compared to Apple's App Store, in not even better. So apps are abundant and choices are limitless.

Cons:

The speaker position in the rear is horrible. Say you're watching a video, put the phone down on a table with the screen facing up and - instant mute! What a stupid place to put the speaker.

It doesn't feel significantly faster or better than my old 4S. The battery performance is dismal. Lasts about half as long as my old iPhones.

There is a very steep learning curve adapting to the Android way of life. Coming from the child-like simplicity of iOS, it's quite an adjustment, and I will probably need a few months to adapt. It's like suddenly being thrown from kinder to college.

Mo' options, mo' problems. Because there are so many options to toggle, it gets so confusing.