Samsung Galaxy S III

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by gestapo, Feb 28, 2012.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

from what i understand, recontracting is extending your current plan even if you still have a couple of months left (the number of months vary) in your existing contract. Say you have 2 more months, you recontract it to avail of any promo and you end up with 26 months contract with globe. Loyalty program, on the other hand, is renewing your line and you get to avail of some freebie phones or rebate

2. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

How much does this SGSIII costs? Im thinking of switching from iP4 to Samsung.

3. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Got mine here in SG for SGD920 without contract. They gave me a free back cover and screen protector. It's white and 16gb . They havent released the other variants ( blue, 32 Gb and 64 Gb).

4. rainman1003

rainman1003 Member

I'm reviewing the Samsung Galaxy S3 right now for a magazine. I can't get into details yet because I don't want to spoil the review, but I just want to let you guys know that this phone is hands-down the best one I've ever had the pleasure of using. It's unbelievable how intuitive, simple yet powerful it is!

Sure it isn't quite as pretty as other phones on the market, but it more than makes up for that with the power under the hood.

This beast is a game-changer!

5. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

smart's Jump center now has demo units of the S3, just checked it out the other day... too bad i want the pebble blue and its not out for another couple of weeks

6. randyrivera

randyrivera Active Member

Smart called me the other day and told me that my S3 is ready for pickup this Saturday. Should I?

It's just too hard to let go of my note. Let's see.

7. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

I have been using mine for almost a day and so far I'm not impressed with the battery life. It's iPhone 4s like which is bad. I hope this improves with a few battery cycles. The S voice is good but not as intuitive as Siri.

8. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

This is how I plan to spend the 1799 (unlimited data + 3 freebies + 800 consumables):
    999 unlimited data
    3 freebies x 25 texts and 5 mins call to other networks = 75 texts and 15 mins to other network
    consumable 201 call and text to other networks
    consumable 599 unlimited globe-to-globe call and text

9. metalbender

metalbender Member

Same here, ordered the Pebble blue as well. Hoping to hear from Globe soon. I got approved for plan 1799. Heard that some of those who got approved for plan 2499 will be getting their units tomorrow at Mind Museum.

10. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

Havent heard from globe yet. So sad... :-(

11. auron

auron Member

hands up ako sa phone na to.. wlang snbe ang iPhone 4s dito

12. benzng

benzng Well-Known Member

anyone got their new S3 today?

13. ipboy

ipboy New Member

Ganda nga ang samsung s3 :)

14. shiro_ian

shiro_ian Member

Very interesting phone..
    if I wasn't loyal to iOS, I might think of getting one din :)

How is it so far guys?

15. Treb22

Treb22 Active Member

When sgSIII's prices go down this december, I'll sell my iP4 and BB for this sleek phone. Hehehe.

16. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

I got to try this out at the display in Jump Center at Megamall earlier. The phone is pretty slick. The multi-tasking part is cool, as you just have to drag the apps anywhere in the screen (Minority Report style). The size of the screen blows the iPhone away. Now I'm not surprised why Apple is gunning for a 4" screen on the next-gen iPhone.

I still find the iPhone a lot user-friendly though. I'm getting lost at trying to navigate the apps from the SGS3.

17. auron

auron Member

Sir nsanay lang kasi tayo sa iPhone kaya alam nten user freindly sya.. parang ganito lang yan eh isang taong sanay sa windows tapos ggmit ng mac ssbhin nila mas user friendly ang windows kasi dun sila sanay

18. auron

auron Member

Sana may preview na ang iPhone5 para makita if iPhone5 can match this S3

19. jhonas015

jhonas015 Member

sino nakapunta sa event ng samsung galaxy s3 ng globe kagabi? nagbigay daw ng s3 sa mga lucky guest. hope i can try the s3.

20. iDave

iDave Active Member

Not really, I've been a windows machine user ever since I was in grade school, when I switched to Mac, I didn't take me that long to learn how to use it. Just like how I learned to use the iPhone hence, user friendly. :) Same as aragorn, I still find the iPhone more user friendly/easier to use :D had a hard time navigating my friend's Samsung Galaxy Note. Wouldn't deny the sexy appearance though.