Samsung Galaxy S III

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by gestapo, Feb 28, 2012.

1. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi, yup i have them both with me for the past 2 weeks, but will give the other unit (iphone) to my gf soon. There are lots of alternatives to facetime, but of course if you and your friends/relatives are within the apple ecosystem, it's a bit of a change and getting used to. For me kasi I was just honestly bored with the iPhone. Been on iOS around 4 years already and while it's rock solid, i miss tinkering with my phone. I have the iPhone JBn, but nothing beats the customization of android. I must admit it was tough on the first few days, having to insert the s3 with my apple products - macbook, itunes, ipad, apple tv, but eventually settled in. Got some alternatives to itunes, itunes remote, and media streaming from s3 to apple tv, so my basics are somehow covered.

2. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Not bad, not bad at all. Rooted, Omega 5.1.

3. remanthony

remanthony Member

^wow! that's impressive? how long do you have data on for the day?
    i just discovered MightyText. I've been an iphone user for so long that i really missed being able to send and manage sms from my mac and after switching to GS 3, i was really looking forward to that feature. i'm amazed that i just need to install the app and switch on my browser to send and receive sms. im really having fun with this phone now.

4. bisentex

bisentex Member

Globe just called me last night informing me that my application was approved. now waiting for my unit. :)

5. kentamayo

kentamayo Active Member

Hmm.. maybe I should root soon... would love to have AOKP+Franco on my SIII, that was a monster combo on my GNEX

6. widowmaker

widowmaker Member

I'm have difficulty choosing between the blue or white. Though I am more into the white. Your thoughts guys. I'm getting one to compliment my black iPhone 4S. Who says we can't enjoy the best of both worlds? :D

7. enigma

enigma Member

I've seen the pebble blue at Jump Megamall. They have the white and blue working demo units. Pero mas nagustuhan ko 'yung white kaya I got the white S3. :)

8. shootertwist

Do take note that based on the photos of the new batch of the blue ones, the home button seems to have a different shade, i didnt notice this with the demo unit 2 weeks ago, i just find it a odd that its like that... havent seen an actual unit of the new batch though. I remember the white one being a lot better once i saw the actual unit

9. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

I'll be getting my blue S3 on Monday, that's about 4 weeks after I applied online, applying personally on 3 Globe business centers, and sending several emails and follow ups. I am so excited! I can finally retire my iphone 2G now. I am now in case hunting mode.

10. widowmaker

widowmaker Member

For Globe Postpaid, which is of better value in the long run? I am a bit confused with the Unli Surf Combo Plan and the Super Plan for 999. What is the difference between the 2? Cash-out on both is P16,800. Also considering the Unli Surf 1799 with minimal cash-out of P4,800.

My dilema is, I don't really want to spend much on the monthly plan and do not need Unli Surf 24x7 since the office has Wifi. It's just the initial cash-out that's making me look into the higher plan.

11. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

The difference between unlisurf and super plan is the data and the freebies bundled (unlidata + 1 freebie vs. no data + 3 freebies).

I was in the same dilema but I chose the P1799 plan since it's more sulit. Assuming you chose unli surf plan 999, for adding P800 more, you'll get 800 consumable, 2 more freebie, and a savings of P12k from cash out.

12. shootertwist

^same here, got the p1799, this is how i justified mine:

999x24 mos + 16800 =40,800
    1799x24 + 4,800= 48,000

for the additional 7,200/24 mos or an additional p300 per month (excluding unlisurf as 999 also has that) i get:

1. 800 consumable per month
    2. 2 more freebies - if combined, something like 400 sms and 20mins call - for 24 months

so it was more "sulit" in my case to go for the 1799, the additional p300 per month is worth it for me. And also since the 999 i think has no consumable, the tendency is to go way beyond that.

13. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Thanks for the tip. Works great!

14. wem272

wem272 Active Member

I like the way you think.:cool:

15. psymd1

psymd1 Active Member

So far so good. Got mine from Globe, I wish it was an openline unit (plan to use it during US travel). Have not tested other sim yet. Will start downloading apps. The battery is great.

16. mystavros

mystavros Member

No need to insert other sim, just input this on the keypad: *#7465625# and look under Network Lock, it should have a value of Off.

17. metalbender

metalbender Member

@psymid1 open phone app and dial *#7465625#, a pop up will reveal whether the phone is unlocked.

Got my S III from Globe as well, postpaid line. My unit is unlocked (tested with a Smart sim and it works). :)

18. psymd1

psymd1 Active Member

Thanks guys. It is OPENLINE. What apps are you using to change SMS alert and ringtones? TIA

19. enigma

enigma Member

My S3 is from globe as well, postpaid. It's unlocked. :)

20. lion0423

lion0423 Member

I think all SGS3 units from Globe are unlocked. The unit I got recently is also openline. I tested Smart & Sun microSIM cards on the unit and they work.