Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ice, Jun 19, 2019.

1. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

In terms of the screen quality, this Note10 is getting closer to that of iPhone X-Xs quality. I hate how S10 over saturates and distorts images. And oh, the bent sides. light bleeding is awful.

And the Camera? Still sucks. I hate those whites being trade off to be yellowish. At first I was thinking it must be the Amoled, but I was wrong. Did a second look but this time I sent the image to my iPhone- got the same result. To me, iPhone is still King when it comes to camera phone photography.

Tried the phone at Venice piazza. BTW.

#41 OwlAlpha26, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    raypin likes this.
  2. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

Got my pre-order for the 10+ to replace my Note 9. Contrary to what others say, I do enjoy some of the shots that the Note takes. I always have a Note series phone and an iPhone (XS right now) wherever I go so I just whip out whichever phone can take the best shot. Picture quality can vary depending on so many factors and even how you plan to use the photo. From my experience, I have taken great shots from both phones and there is no clear choice on which phone consistently takes the best shots. At least its better than the OnePlus 7 Pro i am using right now while I wait for my new Note.

#42 gadgetmonger, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    gaol likes this.
  3. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

In our case, my family prefers the s10 plus camera. During our latest trip abroad, I carried the samsung and all others carried x, xs. Most shots were made using my camera. Maybe picture quality really is subjective.

OwlAlpha26 likes this.
  4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

iPhone is still stucked on the square picture resolution while android is already on wide resolution.

5. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

You can adjust the screen color in the settings. The edge, it's reflection issues not light bleeding.

OwlAlpha26 likes this.
  6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I think we already have multiple Samsung S/Note vs iPhone threads... :)

Back to the Note 10...

hmmm... Note 10 also looses the MicroSD slot!

And based on the specs... Note 10 and Note 10+ have different S-Pens!

Next iPhone is coming and I really hope they follow Samsung in providing a USB-C cable in the box!

I can connect a Note 10 to a MacBook... Can't do the same with an iPhone!
    My wife's S10 came with a USB-C to A adapter...

7. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

Yes figured that in my S10(non Plus and e) before, but still no adjustments can come closer that of this Note 10 or iPhone X-Xs. I think this Note 10 hits the correct spot now. IMO.

And the reflection issue you say. I'm not a fan. Not because it's harsh to the eyes, but in my opinion, it's terrible. I wish they have the flat ones like that of S10e minus the chin.

8. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

Many of my girl friends too- and my mom. She said because she looks more beautiful in that camera. I checked the beauty mode setup but figured it was turned off already. I'm not sure.

Well, I think this note 10 had lessen that. Tried it ones, but that lil bit of yellowish tint and oh the blown out highlights situation are still there.

9. ice

Even with the beauty mode off... S10 photos still look different compared to my Pixel
    + for the S10 is the Ultra Wide camera... Especially for those group resto shots

Just a reminder... XS had "beautygate" issues earlier.

10. ice

11. mochaholic

mochaholic Member

Guys, please advise if this is worth to buy? Thank you!

12. ice

my last Note was the Note 2...

"worth" can be subjective... If you really need to S-Pen, what other options do you have?

13. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

Just got one today note10+. Screen is top notch. I dont think i can go back to smaller screen.

In essence, i will be only paying 54,990 for 512gb Note 10+. I chose option B in the VIP reservation plus 4k citibank cash back promo.

Provboy likes this.
  14. jetan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

premium bundle.

gaol, jhonas015 and Cmmig like this.
  15. jetan

[​IMG]

got the regular NOTE 10 with free BUDS from SMART. Both sim is network locked.

#55 jetan, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  16. rl_account

rl_account Member

I must be lucky, my is openline. I'm using globe sim in my note10+ from smart.

17. jetan

im returning my unit later must be unlocked on sim 2.

Update. After I went to smart today. They told me that a smart sim must go with a glove sim for this to work.

Viola. It did. Data is also working on globe sim. Hehe

#57 jetan, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    rl_account likes this.
  18. braindeadph

braindeadph Member

Can anyone recommend type-c to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter that actually works for note 10 plus? i have tried several and they're all not working.

19. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

I have the same issue myself with a Momax adaptor I bought the other day for my Note 10 Plus and apparently others have also experienced the same issue:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...2019/973827-usb-c-3-5mm-jack-not-working.html

https://www.sammobile.com/news/you-cant-use-tab-s5e-usb-c-to-3-5mm-dongle-with-galaxy-note-10/

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...m-headphone-adapters/articleshow/70847911.cms

It looks like the Note 10 doesn't have a built-in DAC that works thru the USB-C port and hence needs an adaptor with a DAC. According to one of the links above, adaptors from Google, Razer and HTC, plus should work.

Plus definitely the dongle Samsung will be selling (but should have included in the box!). :mad:

.... Checking Amazon, this should work, based on the few recent reviews, for BOTH music and calls/microphone (the others being sold only work for music and not calls):

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Ad...with+dac&qid=1567239597&s=electronics&sr=1-10

#59 gaol, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    braindeadph likes this.
  20. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

4592E5A2-F758-40A1-B424-DE4F1964CD4C.jpeg
    The loot that came with my Note 10+. I even got a Samsung Protective Cover at 30% off.

Attached Files: