Safari problems

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ephraim_, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ephraim_

ephraim_ Member

I have been using Safari on my laptop as my internet browser and it has been running fine. However, on the desktop running 10.4.11, there are certain websites I cannot access such as Youtube and Yahoo! Mail. Before removing and re-installing the package, internet access would be limited to a few minutes before not responding at all. I have used Firefox beside Safari and I was able to access sites that were "blocked" in Safari.

After re-installing, internet access is now beyond five minutes. However, the websites I want to access are still blocked. Also, upon quitting the application, it hangs up and I force it to quit. Is anyone experiencing this? Firefox would be a lovely alternative, but it eats too much from the CPU. Any solution provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

#1 ephraim_, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.