Safari, ITunes and IPhoto keep crashing(Seagate related?)!!!

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by fosterious, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosterious

fosterious Guest

Appreciate some help if possible!

Bought a brand new external hard drive(Seagate Freeagent Go) last week and moved all my music and photos across to it.
    Have never had any serious problems with my applications but since the Seagate has come into play the three apps mentioned in the email title keep quitting or crashing.

Every time i download an mp3 file from say Podomatic or the internet it never plays back correctly(stops and replays etc) in ITunes where as before it would play back with no glitches?

I tried to upload new pictures from my digital camera to IPhoto but once again problems, the photos don't upload?

What the hell has happened to my iBook G4?:confused:

2. fosterious

fosterious Guest

Anyone tell me whether i've posted this in the correct place?

3. arelcee

arelcee Active Member

What about your existing photos and music? Are you still able to view or play them without any problems?

By the way, how did you move your iPhoto library and iTunes Music folder? Are the two applications you mentioned setup to access the photos/music from your external drive?

4. fosterious

fosterious Guest

Existing photos and music are stored on ex hard drive they view and play without problem.

iphoto library was dragged into ex hard drive folder and copied in no probs
    itunes music was consolidated and i think dragged again into the ex hard drive folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.