Saddleback Leather Co.

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by carloople, Jan 26, 2011.

1. drew_viii

drew_viii Member

so whats the must have for saddleback bags? im looking for everyday office travel use... not too big but not too small... backpack or messenger doesnt matter... will order the notepad holder but currently out of stock :(

2. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got a tobacco clutch purse from SBL and a backpack tote, embroidered cross body bag from Love41. Love41 (also owned by them) proceeds go 100% to charity, fair trade and handmade. Backpack tote made from full grain lightweight leather and Scottish waxed cotton (stain and water resistant), embroidered bag made in Peru.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#62 xthine, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  3. Kiddomike

Kiddomike Member

The simple backpack looks great. I'm considering buying one for my birthday. :D

4. natstuff

natstuff Member

How about a thin front pocket briefcase?

Thin Front Pocket Briefcase| Saddleback Leather Co.

5. latios95

latios95 New Member

hi im planning to order a couple of items with sbl. i would like to ask about your experiences on how long will it take me to get my items and how much would it cost for 3-4 items for shipping and taxes all in all (us and Philippine customs)

6. xthine

^ I've ordered online a number of times and they ship out very quickly (next business day). That's here within the US though, I wonder if the same goes for international shipping.

7. xthine

Found out that Love41 came out with Valentines Day limited edition products..of course I was too late and they're all sold out. Wish Saddleback came out with leather bookmarks.

8. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

i've been using a saddleback medium-sized wallet for almost two weeks now and i've been very pleased with it. it seemed very thick and rough at first (i was coming from a razor-thin coach wallet, which i'm still keeping as a backup for more formal occasions), but it's been adjusting to me nicely ;) the card slots were very tight at first, but i dusted my cards with talcum powder (a trick i learned on my leather iphone case) and now they slide in and out easily. i also applied saddle soap to the leather and now it's softer and smoother, and should age handsomely. i got mine (from a fellow mugger) in carbon black, but thankfully it's not too black, but rather a very dark grayish brown that should acquire a sheen over time.

9. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

I don't think you can sell in this thread

10. pael

pael Well-Known Member

@xthine any chance you have the hobo or hobo mini? planning to get one for my wife, just not sure if it is a hit for the ladies :)

11. siriusdan

siriusdan Member

I'm wondering if I should get another Billingham or try Saddleback. I'm really impressed with what I saw on their website. Any thoughts?

12. neilc

neilc Active Member

Again, you cannot sell in this thread.

13. neilc

neilc Active Member

You only registered 18 hours ago and yet you're defying rules here.

Mods, reporting this one.

14. xthine

PM sent :) the hobo looks good but I do not have one. I was looking for something smaller so I got the leather clutch purse instead of the hobo.

15. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I own both a Saddleback and a Billingham bag. Both brands are super sturdy and will last for generations. While the Saddlebacks are super stylish, makes you look like Indiana Jones, and gets lots of attention (especially from the ladies, they keep on asking "whats that bag?!"), my Billingham bag is lighter and more comfortable to use. For me the cons of the Saddlebacks is that it weighs a ton even empty while the Billinghams tend to make you look like your ageing uncle. :)

16. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

My small bifold Saddleback is already a year old. I quite happy with it. I owned a lot of letter wallets and for me Saddleback's leather is great. I used Fino before which is crafted real well but can't take my sweat which makes it mabaho over time. With Saddleback, you just air dry it and it will be okay again. I love the character of the carbon black leather.

17. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Im torn between the Saddleback Briefcase and the Copper River Bag Briefcase. Both are beautiful and pricey.

18. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Hi fellow Leatherback Leather owners. May I know what cleaning product do you use? Is there an alternative to Chamberlain Milk here in the Philippines? Or better yet, are there any retailers of the said leather care product? Thanks!

19. xthine

I use Leather Honey for my SBL products and come to think of it all leather products that I own.

20. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

they say spit works just fine on leather...i use it not only for wallets but for shoes as well...

of course, wipe it clean afterwards...

and yeah, please use your own spit...