Saddleback Leather Co.

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by carloople, Jan 26, 2011.

1. carloople

carloople Member

Hi guys! I've seen in different threads that there are several Saddleback Leather Co. product owners here in PhilMUG. If you own one, please do post in this thread what you have and how much you got it for (including shipping, taxes, etc.) :)

For me I just have the Saddleback Leather iPad Case (Chestnut). Got it for around P7800 total inclusive of shipping and customs tax. Ugh. Should have just gone through JAC. Here's a video I made. Shot using IP4.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TrSwV9d1Xk[/M]

Thinking of getting either a Satchel or Briefcase next! Must save moneeeey. =_=

2. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

I've always admired the products of Saddleback. They're really beautiful. There are only 2 things that stop me from owning one. First is the price. Their laptop bag is something like $300 or higher. Add shipping and its easily $400.

Second is that their products are heavier thus a bit less practical if you're on the go. I remember one reviewer mentioned that the bag is something like 6lbs.

Oh take a look at this thread. Interesting stuff. http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=57997&highlight=saddleback

3. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

Ryan has this Saddleback for his MacBook.

4. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

I hope the iPad doesn't land in the ads section. Poor new owner.

5. aldwin

aldwin Member

it takes a brave man to do that to his ipad :D

i've always wanted to get one of these saddleback bags, but paying 5k++ for tax is just ridiculous.

i even picked out the one that i wish to get someday, large or medium briefcase in coffee brown.

a question for the saddleback briefcase owners, will a 15" MBP (pre-unibody) fit in the medium briefcase?

6. carloople

carloople Member

haha, you should see the video of it being dropped with the Otterbox Defender :p I won't sell this unit seeing as it's been incredibly abused already.

7. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

got a wallet over the new year. love :)

8. rpgorriceta

rpgorriceta Member

small satchel + big wallet (both chestnut)

9. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Yeah you have to have a big wallet to buy these stuff.

10. drknight888

drknight888 Active Member

Definitely arpee has big wallet. :)

11. tabsweet

tabsweet Member

yeah... probably hard work will do also!

just a thought.. how do you manage to buy your self an LV bag that cost 58k if you don't work hard for it?....... you will never feel the excitement combined with happiness and self fulfillment as a reward for a hardworking hands...

12. balibago

balibago Member

I have been checking this Saddleback Leather a lot lately. I also visited the Facebook site of the owners. Not only do I like their products, but I like the kind of life they live as well.

Presently lusting after the Thin Briefcase in tobacco brown. Then perhaps the Backpack also in tobacco. Then roundup my future collection with the Waterbag again in tobacco.

But who knows, my lust may die down even before I get the first bag.

Do cold showers work in situations like this?

13. marcalbar

marcalbar Member

My first Saddleback purchase last December 2009. Briefcase Large in tobacco brown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 2nd, 3rd and 4th goodies from SBL: Satchel Large (my everyday gear bag), Wallet Large (don't get to use this as much) and Wallet Small (they gave away several items during that Christmas time!) All in dark coffee brown.

Don't remember the exact details, but I had it shipped to JAC NY then picked it up from their Makati office. :D

#13 marcalbar, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  14. Netskipper

Haha I was in the same boat as you. Sour graping helps a lot in curbing your desires. For example, I focused on how heavy these things are. I'm currently using a Sumdex Nylon briefcase and its much lighter than these leather briefcases. I'm not willing to part with $400 and be carrying something heavier.

15. dilettante

dilettante Member

The briefcase (thin) and satchel are light on weight.

Best reason to get one from Dave ISaddleback owner): Buy the best, cry once. It's all about the cost per year.If one buys quality from the start they save money.

16. hungryalien

its also the kind of lifestyle/look that you like.. its not for everybody :)

17. hungryalien

am thinking of getting the satchel.. how big is the large? rpgorriceta got the small size and its barely enough for the ipad. am thinking of putting a lumix gf1 and maybe the ipad.

18. coffeelover

coffeelover Member

That's a good excuse. Let me keep rehearsing that when I discuss this with my wife. :)

19. Netskipper

I was trying to talk Balibago out of buying one.

Anyway Dave has a nice argument except that he assumes that you'll never get tired of the bag. Then again with such a high price, you'd better not :p

20. marcalbar

marcalbar Member

@hungryalien

the exact measurements of the large satchel are in saddleback leather's webpage.

the ipad and your gf1 will fit in nicely with some room to spare :D

you can check out saddleback's facebook page as well for the fan's photos of their sbl goodies

i grabbed a page below showing a large satchel with an ipad in an sbl ipad case! (that is one cool ipad case if i may say)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150128288185996&set=o.153999788187#!/photo.php?fbid=1754582553970&set=o.153999788187&pid=31793671&id=1521145954

get the large one..you won't regret it :cool:[​IMG]