Running Windows on a Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by LeoCastillo, May 29, 2015.

1. TheParameter

TheParameter Member

Only issue in BootCamp is that Windows drain more battery.

mokmoki likes this.
  2. murmurr

murmurr Member

Just installed Windows 10 on a 2010 Macbook Pro and so far its working better compared to our new ASUS Laptop!

magnus likes this.
  3. Macmon

Macmon Active Member

Can bootcamp be installed on the secondary drive instead of the primary drive if you have dual drives in a macbook aluminum?

4. Nebula.

Nebula. Member

I make it a point to still install Windows on Mac via Bootcamp because it's helpful during times that my Mac breaks down.. I can switch to Windows and look up the problem from there.
    But, yun lang, I don't wanna use Windows 10.. I'm happy and contented with Windows 7 (running on MBP mid-2010).

My only complaint is that I can never get Bluetooth to work seamlessly like it does in OSX (for wireless BT speakers, for example.. transferring files not so much of a big deal). Does anyone know how to make Bluetooth work in Windows 7 in Bootcamp?

5. memphis

memphis Well-Known Member

Hi muggers.

Pardon me for reviving this thread. I need to install windows in our MBA. My ssd capacity is only 128GB and i only have 30GB left. Or lower i think. I already did some deleting of files. This is the biggest clearing i can go. I'm thinking of buying a nifty drive instead and have a 128GB sd card in it. Can windows be installed on that drive via bootcamp? Will this work? Anyone here had tried?

For your inputs please. Wifey badly needs it for her online job.

6. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

^I would run Windoze on Paralles on that.

You need to invest on a good external drive for your files... or a NAS maybe. If you've used 90-100GB on your internal drive - this means you've got lots of files in there - photos, videos, music - these are the files you need moved.

on Mac OS, native apps, and "essential" 3rd party apps, you can actually live with just 64GB of storage space - again, if you have an external/network drive to store your files into.

7. memphis

Base on whatsize, i have plenty of photos stored in my local drive. But when i started to breakdown each folders, those are some photos from my mobile devices like iPhone and iPad before. Those were automatically sync i think. My other option is to reformat my drive and start from scratch again. With a bigger space, i can install windows via boot camp already and work from the space left for the files. Doing this will require some time though and i don't think wife can wait for me to set up like that.

8. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Did Bootcamp and Parallels before, but, like you, I never really had use for it. Taking up space. Removed it eventually.

9. memphis

^i know, man. I hate to install Win to a Mac. But work calls for wife. What can a spouse do? Support. Or i'll just buy her a crappy windows laptop na lang? Haha

10. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

i actually did that! I bought a 12" lenovo win7 64bit laptop from amazon for $250.

11. rage30

rage30 Member

Hi muggers. I removed my parallels 3yrs ago but I just need to run a program that runs on windows only. What is the easiest program that I can install without taking up much space on my mac? Tia!

12. Macmon

Macmon Active Member

check this out if it is possible.
    have not used it but read about it
    http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php?page=Downloads