rubber feet problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by sawtooth, Jul 10, 2009.

1. sawtooth

sawtooth Member

-hey guys one of the rubber feet on my macbook pro just fell off, i tried putting it back but it wont stick na, i wont try using mighty bond or other super glues baka magkaproblema... any other ideas on how to fix this? thanks;)

2. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

Rugby maybe? Or a thin, double-adhesive tape?

3. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

4. kies

kies Member

a thin double-sided adhesive tape will do. :)

5. HardeepOne

HardeepOne Guest

6. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Have the same problem. You have to open up the bottom case to attach the rubber feet. I believe its 2 pieces and you have to use superglue to attach them. Im still waiting for the rubber feet I ordered so not sure yet how to do it.

7. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

+1 on double-sided adhesive tape.

8. elbert

elbert Active Member

There's a spare part for that from Apple. The process involved with replacing the feet is a bit meticulous. It comes in two parts, one for inside the bottom case and one for the outside--the actual feet. There's also an adhesive supplied with the feet. The instructions also specify a curing time for the adhesive.

Go to iStudio BHS. They have stock of the feet, along with the adhesive and the instructions.