Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour?

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by triballistic, Apr 19, 2009.

1. triballistic

triballistic Member

I'm using a PS3 and I wanted to know which one is better. Criteria would be price, durability of the instruments and the set list.

2. mikaelrules

mikaelrules Member

IMO, guitar hero has better instruments but RB2 is the better game

3. mccrutch

mccrutch Member

for me I like the tracklist and the drum of GHWT other than that imho it's just the same
    you can check the tracklist of each game through their respective wiki's

another plus for GHWT is that their instruments works with rockband 2, rockband 2 instruments doesn't work with GHWT... I learned this the hard and expensive way :D

4. jdb0i

jdb0i Member

in terms of built i know that the GHWT (guitar hero world tour) drums has some issues i dont know if its the same for the PS3 (i play on xbox) i borrowed my friends GHWT drums and i broke the thing... good thing someone from pinoyxbox was able to fix it...

other than the durability issues the GHWT drums is better because of it having 2 cymbals unlike the rockband drumset which only includes 1 (AFAIK you have to buy the other one)

in terms of the guitar the GHWT guitar has a slide feature where in instead of pressing on the fret buttons you just have to slide your fingers. The rockband 2 guitar looks like a real guitar unlike the GHWT guitar which looks a bit tacky.

in terms of content the track list of GHWT is a very nice mix although the downloadable content department is not as good as the rockband 2 downloadables. so if you want more songs your better off with the rockband 2 game.

in terms of gameplay guitar hero has some unique features like the hammer on/off and fret slide (not really sure if that is what it is really called),

so IMO buy the GHWT set and buy the rockband2 game disc only :)

5. madman101

madman101 Member

i have GHWT for the wii and the rock band game and prefer the interface, song lineup and equipment of GH. not to mention the other discs (legends of rock, aerosmith, metallica and the upcoming smash hits) have a very good slice of rock genres.\

get the GHWT set. definitely worth it. cheaper too ...

6. madot

madot Member

So you have both games for wii? I have heard that GH works with RB2, but is there a specific GH that I need to look for? or any GH guitar would do?

I have RB2 and have been contemplating of buying GHWT, and if all peripherals work with RB then that would be a blast diba? :p

7. grimmy

grimmy Member

Get Guitar Hero World Tour. The instruments are better and it's cheaper here compared to Rock Band. If i'm not mistaken, the instruments for the PS3 are interchangeable between Guitar Hero World Tour and Rockband 2 for the PS3. You can buy the Rock Band 2 separately and use your GH3 instruments.

8. triballistic

triballistic Member

Thanks for the info, guys. ;)

I'd like for you to clear something up, though...

"Both Sony and Microsoft have announced that instruments for World Tour, Rock Band 2, and Konami's Rock Revolution will work between all three games on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

I got that from Wikipedia.

9. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I have GHWT on PS3 system.

It's awesome. I love how the guitar feels, and I really really love the songs in that game. I've tried playing a friend's GH Legends of Rock, but found it too heavy metal for my tastes (or my age). The ones in GHWT include some of the more classic rock, soft and contemporary rock, which I absolutely love.

10. iAM

iAM Member

I prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero simply because of the set list. RB has way more songs compared to GH.

11. rheiary

rheiary New Member

i also prefer rockband over ghwt since the "fender" has a better feel to it and more more songs to download compared to ghwt. not a lot.

12. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

I have both games and their instruments, and from my experiences... The Rockband guitar and drums are more responsive and has better quality. 3 weeks of using the GHWT guitar, the whammy broke :slanted:

But i like playing both, though I'm leaning more on rockband since the Beatles edition is coming soon~ :cool:

13. sparcs_17

sparcs_17 Member

where's the best place to buy the ghwt set? :)

14. splukutum

splukutum Active Member

go for datablitz. cheaper than getting from Toy Kingdom. or ask someone from the US to buy for you - price is less than $100.

for wii console owners, i suggest RB2 since you don't need extra wiimotes to use the other instruments unlike in GHWT unless you own more than 2 wiimotes.

15. splukutum

splukutum Active Member

oh btw, the guys from the local nintendo forums just confirmed that the wii rock band 2 peripherals/instruments work on guitar hero 5. (yeah i know, ps3/xbox 360 users have been enjoying GH/RB interoperability for a long time but better late than never)

16. jumper12

jumper12 Member

Hello Guys,

My console is PS3 and I bought a GHWT Guitar w/ game.

Now I am looking for GHWT Drum kits only. Would you know where can I buy?

I tried datablitz and itech, but they only sell Guitar w/ game and whole set (guitar, drums, mic and game)

Thanks

17. orangef

orangef Member

Has anyone here tried using GHWT instruments for ps3 on a rockband 2 game? Did it work?

Tia!

18. splukutum

splukutum Active Member

it works. ghwt instruments on ps3/xbox360 works on rockband 2 / rockband: beatles

19. orangef

orangef Member

Great! Thanks dude. Will buy rb2 later :)

20. dep28

dep28 Active Member

check pinoyps.com. i remeber seeing a couple of people selling of the sets piece by piece.