Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by lamski, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, there is. A short scene with (I think) the neighbor, who's a pilot, and how the ape intelligence spread using the airways route. More reason to stay for the credits.

And yes, Andy Serkis did play King Kong.

2. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

But you don't have to stay too long when the credits start to roll. The epilogue comes soon after the main cast is shown on the credits.

3. claudiey

claudiey Member

We were hesitant at first to watch Rise of the POTA because we thought it was corny but surprisingly after the movie, all of us were like, "The movie's great!". I even recommended it to my siblings. Yeah, the movie's well made and the action scenes are nice. Caesar was a great actor too! :D

4. iCaduceus

iCaduceus Active Member

do i need to watch the first movie (planet of the apes 1) for me to appreciate the movie more?

5. davidmatthew

davidmatthew Member

watched this movie yesterday, amazing movie!

I have to say iba talaga ang antagonist charisma ni Tom Felton, sarap sapakin! :) hehehe

no you don't have to. loved this movie even though I don't have any idea what's in it in the first one :)

6. jeroen

jeroen Active Member

watched it last weekend with my son. We both loved it. Go and watch!

7. iCaduceus

iCaduceus Active Member

no you don't have to. loved this movie even though I don't have any idea what's in it in the first one :)[/QUOTE]

well gonna watch it as well then

8. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmmnnn.... I noticed that movie reviews here at Philmug, no matter how good, there's always still a few people that say they did't like it. 3 pages in this thread and nothing but good words for the movie so off to the cinema this weekend then!

9. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

Adel, I think the after credits scene was to explain how Earth's human population was decimated by the synthetic virus rather than the way the ape intelligence spread, showing "patient zero"(in this case, actually, patient one).

I think I remember one scene in the original Planet of the Apes movie where they showed the ruins of the statue of liberty... there was no mention of intelliapes spreading to other continents... although one would naturally assume they would... pure speculation on my part though, i could be totally wrong...

BTW, I loved this movie.

10. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

actually its the same virus... its lethal to humans but it accelerates intelligence in apes.

11. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

* SPOILER

i feel so bad for the neighbor, it's almost funny.

.. kids are hassled by caesar, lithgow trashes his car, caesar kicks his a$$ and bites his finger off, he gets coughed at by the lab rat, gets sick.. and it's his fault that the virus is spread!

poor guy..

12. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

you don't have to watch the 2001 movie before watching this, but you may want to watch it after watching this.

It may already be a different strain of the virus when it came from a Human, As far as I know viruses rarely jumps species. I think the intelli-apes took over because they mated with other intelli-apes and produced intelli-offsprings.

13. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

booblanco, talk about having really a bad day or week or year even!

Mark_17, yes, I do know its the same virus, its just that you don't run across too many apes in the big cities and the chances of human to ape spread via airborne route are probably very low... but this is just nit-picking... To anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet, go see it! It's good!

P.S. Sorry for the spoilers guys! Maybe someone should put a spoiler alert at the start of the thread...

14. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

well it could be possible that after the virus decimated the population of humans, the "smart" apes may have came back to the GEN SYS lab to get more of those ALZ 113 canisters to infect other apes...

15. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

^ no need to come and get more, all they have to do is mate. Ceasar is the offspring of another intelli-ape.

16. Boogerschnot

Boogerschnot Member

Pretty BadAss Movie! I loved it! i guess i should have stayed after the credits. :(

17. AthanWylde

AthanWylde Active Member

Am I the only who thought that the girl doctor (love interest ni James Franco) was totally hot?!

Hamana hamana...

18. REDcrazy

REDcrazy Well-Known Member

Same girl who played Latika in Slumdog Millionaire. Hot.

19. AthanWylde

AthanWylde Active Member

Million dollar smile, she had.

20. kazer

kazer Member

A very nice movie indeed! I can say that This move has a chance of being a reality!
    A really well done movie!..