Restaurants in Makati / Fort

Discussion in 'Food' started by bleh888, Feb 7, 2012.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Our street, Valero, is fast becoming a resto street. Loving all the new ones popping up. There's a new Japanese place across Two Central (across Nono's and Locavore), that I have yet to try. Under it is a new Bon Chon. Some day, I'd hope to have my own resto in this area, something small but cozy. Just a dream for now :)

SE20 and Sunil_K like this.
  2. yuck-o

yuck-o Member

You can try Min Sok & Jumong

macxchange likes this.
  3. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Yeah, it stretches past Valero Plaza too. There's a new one near me on Valero called The Flour. I'll probably try it tomorrow.

4. docjbr

I'm guessing that's Little Flour, beside Starbucks Reserve? That's the pinoy version of Wildflour. I'm there once a week, had my wife's baby shower there, too, a couple of weeks ago. Personally, I find it priced a bit on the high side, but it's just across the street (and a hop and a skip) from where we live, so that's where we usually have breakfast (if not Wildflour, or Toby's or Craft Coffee). They had nice fluffy ube pancakes before, but it's not in season now, so they've shifted to ricotta pancakes. The sisig rice bowl is okay, and the usual Little Flour (Wildflour) breakfast is pretty filling. They serve Farmacy ice cream, too, and the usual pastries that the Wildflour Bakery offers.

5. Juice

Supporter

That’s it. What else is ggod?

6. docjbr

The champurado with tawilis was good, better than the arroz caldo (P 380 for arroz caldo?). The filipino breakfast, I didn't really like the patty-like longganisa. The adobo rice bowl is pretty much the same as the sisig rice bowl, just mixed in together. The smaller version is good enough for two na. The avocado toast was quite filling. Salads are always an option, pretty much same salads that they serve at Wildflour.

porkypork likes this.
  7. Juice

Supporter

I was discouraged by an agent who just came here. He said it was a lower version of Wild Flour but with a "price". Nothing great. I lost my appetite, but I'll still try it.

8. docjbr

Not really a lower version, just the pinoy version of Wildflour. I guess when he meant low, kinda hard to pay similar price to the things we usually get at Wildflour, and pay the same range for typical pinoy food with a twist. Though I get his point, the twist isn't enough din for me, LOL. We went there during my wife's 8th and 9th month of pregnancy, but when we're all up and about, we'll probably stroll the additional 2 blocks to our usual choices: Wildflour, Toby's, or Craft.

Juice likes this.
  9. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I live in Salcedo Village, too, on some days, so I appreciate this and any reviews of places to eat around the neighborhood, The only ones I frequent so far are Mendokoro, Wholesome Table, and Ikomai. :)

10. sabsar

sabsar Well-Known Member

Cartel is a place worth going to. Sandwiches, coffee, wine, bread...