Requesting Email Receipt with Mail

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by pinoymacuser, Jun 20, 2006.

1. pinoymacuser

pinoymacuser Member

Good morning!

I have a question. Outlook Express has a feature where the email recipient confirms receipt of an email.

Does Mail have that feature?

Sometimes I send email out and the recipient says he didn't receive the email :(

Thanks

2. jbd

jbd Member

No. Unfortunately Mail or any of the available addons for it does not support the receipt confirmation feature. But in the case above, if the receipient didn't receive the message, he wouldn't be able to confirm it in the first place. I find the receipt message not very useful, because the recepient can just choose not to confirm receipt and still deny it.

3. elbert

elbert Active Member

Actually, in this day and age, the email return receipt has become a bit of a no no in terms of email etiquette. I, for one, don't appreciate receiving these things.

4. pinoymacuser

pinoymacuser Member

i agree with you elbert. I don't think I would use it as a default feature though.

More like when i absolutely, positively have to make sure the email gets sent

Like when I send invoices or quotations to clients

Thanks for the help, though

5. booblanco

booblanco Active Member

I know what you mean, man. I've been waiting for this feature myself.