Repair permission!

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by chupau, Nov 11, 2009.

1. chupau

chupau New Member

Hi Guys I just got these warnings after having repair disk permission,, can anybody enlighten me what this means?? any information on how and what to do will be highly appreciated.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

By the way my unit is an MBP 13",, and running OSX Snow leopard,,, Thank you in advance guys!!:D;)

2. vr4_211

vr4_211 Member

Re: Repair permission !!

I think it can be safely ignored. Look HERE and HERE.

3. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

If you like. Boot from your installation OS and then run disk utility to repair permissions.

4. chupau

chupau New Member

Thank you again guys,, this washes out the worries I had,,@macmon,, what ould happen if I do that??

5. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

These SUID warnings are very persistent but relatively harmless or cause for any worry. I've had them since Leopard days and now its Snowing already and they're still there. I didn't have them when it was still Tiger days.

6. chupau

chupau New Member

Thank you sir madmax,, I didnt have it either when I bought it 4 months ago when it was still running on Leopard,, when I upgraded to SL it started having those warnings, if I am not mistaken after the first update of SL... Anyway at least I am already at ease with all the infos you guys have shared,, tahnk you so much Philmuggers!!

7. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

They're harmless but annoying! I myself like to obtain a clean result when I do Repair Permissions. To get rid of them (ACL warnings...) all, use this command line bash: ACLr8