Registering my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by lionheart, Oct 28, 2009.

1. lionheart

lionheart Member

So I've been trying to register my MBP for about a month now but I keep getting this error message:
    We're sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later.
    Any ideas on how I can get it done without having to encouter that error again?

2. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Do you have an Apple ID already? If yes, check if all the details are correct. (email address, home address, country, etc.)

That error message usually pops up when Apple can't reconcile the details you're providing with what they have on record.

3. lionheart

lionheart Member

hi
    yeah, I do. but I don't know why I can't register:/

4. raze94

raze94 Member

can you please post a link on where you are trying to register?

5. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

What country did you state when you created your Apple ID? What country did you state now that you're trying to register your MBP?

6. lionheart

lionheart Member

7. lionheart

lionheart Member

My Apple ID was created ages ago by a friend from the US but I already edited the details and set it to the Philippines. I'm registering the product with the same account.

8. raze94

raze94 Member

9. deepblue

deepblue Active Member

where was the mbp purchased? if locally, and it's not too much trouble, have the reseller do it for you.

or, if your old apple ID doesn't have too much activity under it yet (itunes account, credit card info), you may create a new one and try registering from there. good luck, keep us posted.

10. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

Try the old details; see if that would do the trick. Or, create a new Apple ID.

11. csc2ky

csc2ky Member

Alternatively you could also call up Apple and do the registration via the phone.

12. pinoydl

pinoydl Member

13. lionheart

lionheart Member

Hi everyone,
    I just have received an email from apple about my product registration, but when they asked me when i purchased my laptop, i placed in the date and still, the same error shwoed up:
    We're sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later.
    Im using a new apple ID that I've created.
    Help please. :/

14. csc2ky

csc2ky Member

I think there is a major problem with their website. I encountered the same thing with a new MBP. Same old message for days. I called up Apple, let them do the registration and everything is how it should be. A 10 minutes call, and you have your registration!

Oh and I used an Apple ID from a completely different country than the Philippines or USA as well. They told me that is my decision where I register the unit. It does not have to be the same country where the unit was purchased.

On the other hand I start to suspect our ISPs here. Everyone on Smart Bro trying to accomplish this? ;)

#14 csc2ky, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  15. silverfox

silverfox Member

Same thing here, actually posted a thread about it before. And I've tried it using three different ISPs (Sun Broadband, MyDestiny, and our office's internet service), all with the same results.

What I did was to pay a visit to Digital Walker and inquire about the warranty status, apparently resellers have a different tool/site that they use to check it. Mine's registered properly in their site.

@csc2ky: Which number did you use to contact support? Is it 1-800-1441-0234?

#15 silverfox, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  16. raze94

raze94 Member

use this link to register it. the other one posted here is not the right one.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

if your mac cant be registered just complete the process through that link and submit a copy of your receipt. dont send a photo it will have to be clear scan. within 24 hours your registration will be complete. you most likely encountering problems because the production date of the mac and its registration are so far apart. for example my mac is a late 2008 and i registered it october 2009. thats 1 year after its production, so im assuming that apple blocks this until proof of purchase can be presented. its just a way for them to avoid fraudulent claims.