Refrigerator Recommendations

Discussion in 'General OT' started by Kelvin, Sep 17, 2013.

1. m4r14n

m4r14n Active Member

I got my parents LG inverter refrigerator, and they are happy with it. :)

2. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

planning to get an inverter ref to save on electricity, but my last visit to appliances store make me so confuse on which to get,

those ads labels are very confusing, inverter technology, inverter something etc etc, but none states it use an inverter motor directly, salesman even said the samsung is not true inverter but inverter like or something,

can anyone give me an idea which exactly or brand to get? looks like many brands are just riding on the word inverter but many are not.

3. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Our White Westinghouse ref has been with us for 20 years already. When it decides to retire, we would get an inverter ref hopefully from the same brand family

4. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

last november we purchased a panasonic inverter, no problems so far. my shortlist for inverter brands. we stayed away from samsung because of bad reviews
    - panasonic
    - lg
    - electrolux (different technology)

5. GTdiver

GTdiver Member

Been going window shopping... Since I'm after the cooling power, the sales guys are recommending I get the manual defrost over the inverter or no frost. As mentioned the inverters just regulates the compressor, ergo it won't be that cold. The no frost is an energy guzzler. We computed it'll be around 500-700/month.

If I were to get a manual defrost ref, I'm choosing between: Condura, GE and Panasonic.

Any recommendations?

No frost maybe the Electrolux with adaptive defrost. The inverter refs of samsung and LG look really sleek And reasonably priced plus loaded with features. I'm just trying to stay away cause of the horror stories and my current ref is LG and I hated it from day 1.

6. DON2003

anyone recommend which is the right and best ref to get? it became too confusing choosing between type and brand and model.

7. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

We got a Panasonic inverter ref about four years ago. Very happy with it.

8. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Member

Go for Panasonic Inverter Ref.

9. minggoy

minggoy Active Member

How much is a SMEG now?

10. vtf

vtf Active Member

i've had my samsung inverter ref for almost two years now and boy, it actually pays for itself in terms of electricity savings! the ref is so delightfully efficient (especially now during summer) superlatively quiet, elegant and comes with a ten year warranty on the compressor.

m4r14n likes this.
  11. vtf

vtf Active Member

i have the same model and it freezes some of the water in the REF section! maybe they meant 3 hours and not three days! had mine for almost two years and i think it is one of the best purchases i have ever made

12. R-T

R-T Active Member

I have used and abused my samsung inverter ref for more than 2 years already and it has saved me roughly 1-1.5k in electricity bills (compared to my previous bills). so i guess it has already paid for itself.

m4r14n likes this.
  13. GTdiver

GTdiver Member

Great to hear that there are samsung ref fans. That ref is actually perfect for my requirement, I was just staying away cause of the borrow stories, now I might consider it again.

Thanks guys

14. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Hello everyone! :)

I need your recommendations on what refrigerator to buy. Budget is around 14k-16k (yes, a bit tight). Between 6 to 7.7cuft.

Looking for an inverter ref since I have read it's efficient. Not sure if it's feasible given my budget.

Checked SM Appliance and Abenson's site already and I don't know what brand to choose.

Thanks in advance! :)

#74 ronnel0918, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  15. vtf

vtf Active Member

for about 2k more, you can either get a samsung or LG inverter ref. for a 7 cu ft model

ronnel0918 likes this.
  16. ronnel0918

#76 ronnel0918, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  17. vtf

vtf Active Member

that samsung featured in the anson page is what i currently have. i have absolutely no complaints. real value for money. so eerily quiet if you got used to old refs. saved a lot on electricity bills

18. ronnel0918

^ Thanks! Will look into it.

19. panis

panis Well-Known Member

After 20 years our white Westinghouse ref conked out. We are looking for a new one. The salesman at Western told us that ALL inverter refs are no frost and because of this the energy consumption is almost the same compared to the manual frost type refs. Is this true?

We are eyeing either a Panasonic inverter type or the Kelvinator manual regular ref.

20. DON2003

is samsung ref true inverter? or better get a Panasonic Inverter ref?