Recover Globe sim (that has no signal)

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by scatterbrainer, Nov 22, 2009.

1. scatterbrainer

Hello!

Yesterday, my phone with my Globe sim in it had no signal. I could check my sim contacts, sim messages, etc., but it has no signal. Until now, it still has no signal.

I inserted the Globe sim into another phone, and I inserted a Sun sim into my original phone. The Sun sim worked with my phone, but the Globe sim still has no signal.

I'm afraid that my sim card is busted, but I totally do not want to change my number because:
    a. It has been mine for the last 8 years;
    b. My number is very special. :(

How can I fix this? Can Globe fix this?

Or can Globe give me another sim with the same number?

Thanks a lot.

2. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

prepaid or post paid?

globe will replace your sim with the same number provided you bring your original sim card

or better call globe customer service number's 211

i've experienced that one year ago, my sim suddenly has no signal, i brought my "busted" sim card to globe business center and checked & verified my sim then they changed my sim card instantly but i have to pay i think 100 pesos and after less than an hour the new card had a signal.

by the way, i'm on post paid

3. scatterbrainer

I'm on prepaid.

Do you think they'd do the same for prepaid sim cards?

Thanks.

4. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

just called globe customer service, yes they will replace your sim card and they will retain your old number, just bring your original sim card to the globe business center nearest to you. you have to pay for the sim card for 100 pesos only.

5. scatterbrainer

Wow. Thank you so much Sir Bhoyet! Philmug members rock! :)

6. jctz

jctz New Member

How about in TM? Will the Globe Business centers still work on it? Thank you very much! :D

7. df1trans

df1trans Member

12hrs na "no service" sa prepaid sim. Had this # for 4yrs and never experienced this "no service" issue this long.

Papalitan ba nila ng LTE sim but with same # and how much?

8. tiffcheng

tiffcheng Member

They'll replace your sim for 40php but with a non-LTE sim only. I had an aunt's sim replaced for a micro sim because her new Note 3.

I was told that the only prepaid LTE sims are the ones that go along with those Tattoo broadband devices. This was last month.

9. df1trans

df1trans Member

thanks for the info sir. Until now wala pa din signal. Time to go to the store and line up

10. gerlonni

gerlonni New Member

hi there! can anyone help me...i'm in canada, and i have 3 working globe prepaid sim cards with active roaming services (accdg. to globe CSR) but suddenly i can't connect to the mobile network (rogers), and the 'R' symbol in the signal icon/indicator on the screen disappeared. even manual network selection didn't work. pls. help. any inputs will be very much appreciated! thanks! have a great day everyone! :)

11. maryjane

maryjane Member

My husband is also with globe and he had no signal last feb 16-18. We repeatedly turned off his phone until he regained signal past 10pm of feb 18