Recommended VPN Service Provider?

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by piedad, Nov 19, 2012.

1. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Tested it on my phone. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but turning it on ironically made the browsing experience worse. Turned it off and websites were back to being snappy.

I'm keeping it off for now and try again every now and then.

Shinahashirome likes this.
  2. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Tried WARP+ and it's laughably slow in its infancy. It could be good enough for most people after they iron out the kinks.

3. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Thanks for the reply, will keep using guardian firewall then! cheers!

Edelheid likes this.
  4. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

In my experience using Guardian Firewall here locally, both Singapore and Taiwan servers (which we get routed to since the app bases it on the system timezone and not location) have been pretty slow, but Tokyo is good surprisingly. Until they ship the next update fulfilling the promises of giving us a way to manually select a server of our liking, a way to change your server to Tokyo is to manually set your timezone to Tokyo and reset your configuration within the Guardian Firewall app.

Either way, this one is shaping up to be my favourite hybrid VPN app since it's the only one to really block trackers not just in websites but even within apps. It's difficult to go back when you see it blocked location/data/mail trackers thousands of times. A deal-breaker would have been a slow connection when connected to Guardian, but thankfully the Tokyo server has been fantastic. The value of the subscription would increase exponentially if they just release the same app on Mac. I care not if it ends up a mere Catalyst app, it may be good enough for me to stop using Little Snitch.

#144 Edelheid, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019