Recommended external usb hub

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by cjbmatc, Dec 31, 2009.

1. cjbmatc

cjbmatc Member

Hello again guys, we all know that our lovely macs have limited usb port. What I like is a space saver like the Belkin Swivel Hub. Do you have other recommendations?

Is it ok to use generic like what we see in CD-R king?

TIA

2. iPao

iPao Member

Haven't had any problems with the white umbrella shaped USB hub I got from CDR-King. Currently used up all ports, with two external drives, my AIO printer and Mighty Mouse attached to it. Time Machine working flawlessly and easily transferring data between the two drives as well as the one on my MB.

3. cjbmatc

cjbmatc Member

Thanks iPao, I'll check this out once I go to the CD-R King store.

Guys, do you know if this is available here - http://wize.com/usb-and-firewire-hubs/p337070-belkin-4-port-20-ultra-mini-hub#t=92961

4. GEEboy

GEEboy Member

try to visit digital hub in vmall... there are lots of belkin usb hubs to choose at...

personally, i'm using the 7port belkin usb hub... not really your space saver kind, but i liked it because it is self powered... :)

5. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

I've sworn off CDRKing hubs since while they do work excellent at the start, if you use them very often for powered devices, the heat from powering your devices will kill it quickly.

I'm going to try my hand at branded hubs, starting with my recent Buffalo 4-port hub from Japan (but bought here locally). A bit more expensive but hopefully it will last longer. Why Apple hasn't moved into selling these with everyone using more and more USB gadgets, I don't know.

6. shaven

shaven Active Member

interested on getting one as well. any cool design for a USB hub?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

@shaven, I think I read about an action figure hub somewhere - Optimus Prime or Voltron? I'm not sure but it was way cool.

8. shaven

shaven Active Member

hope someone can lead us to them.

hope to see more option though.

9. rkariola

rkariola Member

cd-r king's 4-ports hub. 9 months already. still works wonderfully for a Php 120 knockoff. Even smaller than your average sized puto and kunchinta :)

10. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

How much are those Belkin branded usb hubs? im using a 300pesos worth eSENSE 4 ports usb hub that i bought from Office Warehouse.
    [​IMG]

11. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

Belkin hub are around upwards of P500 though I'm sure Charlie can correct me. I'd go for brands that I know actually make peripherals like Genius, Logitech, etc. This was what I got (the red one)

[​IMG]

Since my hub will be powering devices (speakers, iPad dock, fan, etc.) I going for the branded ones.

12. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

There's a moshi one I saw in DW eastwood that matches the sleek look of the Unibody MBP/A