Reading "dibidis"

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by oliverlim1078, Jan 15, 2010.

1. oliverlim1078

oliverlim1078 Member

Hi all,

I'm recently bought a "dibidi" from Greenhills and just found out here in SG (where I'm based) that my PC and Mac can't read the disc. They both see it as a blank disc. Weird thing is that in MLA, I tested it in our home DVD player, it played fine.

I suspect that the person who "burned" the disc didn't finish the session. Any ideas how I can pull the data off the disc?

Thanks in advance.

2. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

I hear Singapore imposes harsh penalties on "dibidis". I mean, they don't simply confiscate them. They really teach you a lesson. Lucky for you that you were able to slip it through the airport when you got there. Otherwise, your DVD player will be the least of your worries. :p

3. himuramaki

himuramaki Member

I think it is with the format used in burning the "dibidis". If this is a video, then you just need to find a compatible video player.

4. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

Yup, some dibidis aren't readable. Don't know what they did. Though they play fine on DVD players.

5. raze94

raze94 Member

a bit ot but piracy supports the drug trade.

6. antski

antski Well-Known Member

what region do you guys usually set for your DVD drives on your mac?

7. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Region 1. If I want to watch a Region 3 (or 2, I have a few Japanese discs) DVD on occasion, I use VLC on the Mac instead. VLC somehow circumvents region coding on DVDs.