Razer Products - Any local resellers here?

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by Jerson R, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Jerson R

Jerson R Member

Where can i find a local shop selling Razer products? I want to buy one and see if there will be any difference plaing heroes of newearth. I'm interested on buying the Razer Deathadder and a mousepad.

2. ncarandang

ncarandang Active Member

PC Hub in Gilmore and several stores in Greenhills. The distributor it ATI (www.ati.com.ph)

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

ahhh....PC Hub has a showroom on the 2nd floor. But for best prices, search Tipidpc. That's where I bought my Razer.

4. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Curious question and no pun intended, but does razer or any other gaming mouse really increase your gaming productivity/frags? I mean it's still the skill of the person right?

Oh, and I've wanted a Deathadder or Orochi for sometime before.. But i don't really game on a pc, I just thought to use it for stuff like photoshop, illustrator etc. :D

5. Jerson R

Jerson R Member

Sa skills naman syempre. I myself is looking for a deathadder as well =)

6. ncarandang

ncarandang Active Member

It did help for me. I've tried all sorts of mice, from Logitech to Apple (Apple being the worse), and only Razer has been the most responsive of them all. Partnered with their Destructor Matt, it's a totally different feel and game. Not advisable for PS or IL since it's pretty sensitive to slight movements. I game on both PC and Mac, the Death Adder frags on either platform.

7. triballistic

triballistic Member

Sa TipidPC ako nakahanap ng resellers. Marami sa kanila galing sa PC Gilmore.

8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Razer mice are smooth and the complementary pads (dual surface - one for speed and the other for control) are a perfect match for gaming and non-gaming software. Pretty impressive performance. Pretty impressive pricing, too.

But if I had to choose one for strictly non-gaming, I'm partial towards Microsoft. Some models have weights, like the Sidewinder, that you can manipulate for that perfect feel. Ergonomics are also exceptional.

9. triballistic

triballistic Member

Yes, mainly it's the skills that count. But if your mouse isn't ergonomic, slow to react compared to other mice, and limits your ability in controlling it efficiently, then your skills mean nothing.

10. warmgreentea

Supporter

Thanks for the inputs guys, now it makes more sense. I'll get an orochi or deathdeath adder to satisfy my curiosity.. When Starcraft 2 comes out na. :D

11. -d-stig-

-d-stig- Member

IMHO skills can only account for so much
    lets say you have godly eye hand coordination and you know how to play the game well, but your mouse is slow and not accurate, will you still keep hitting your target? i'll say youll keep missing because your eyes tell you your crosshair is on the target but your mouse is off. Likewise if your mouse is slow.
    so skills plus a good mouse = win
    skills - a good mouse = pwned

PS: PC hub may be the local seller of Razer but their model lineup is so last year
    i got my orochi from a seller from tpc who ordered it for me from abroad

12. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

i was actually interested on the Razer before. But then I tried out the Logitech Performance MX (Darkfield) and I knew it was THE mouse for me... Then I paired it with Belkin's N52te Gaming pad (also with Razer tech) and it was the best combo ever..

My hands don't strain as they used too... and the fragging really did increase for me..

13. weeloo

weeloo Member

You might want to check out Foxcom. They also sell razer products. It's at the ground floor of IT Center building at Gilmore. Happy hunting!

14. warmgreentea

Supporter

Razer drivers coming to the mac, I guess the Steam support for mac triggered this.

click here

15. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

is the razer imperator better than the death adder or the orochi? Are these mouse both bluetooth and USB abled? Is this strictly for gaming only or could i use them also for non gaming use

16. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

lots of Razer products at Digital Walker in Eastwood

17. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

thanks guys, i dont know whats wrong w foxcom but i called to verify if they have stocks, after putting me on hold to check, she verified its availability. The same day i went there and they said nakuha na. Wala ng stock :(

Anyway, was able to get from the very same tipidpc person where i got my seagate hybrid xt momentus. Ok kausap- Cooltech ata store nila. If anyone needs their contact details just pm me or search tipidpc (they will most likely have the best prices).

Thanks for the tips anyway.

18. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

I'm currently using the Razer Orochi mouse on my MBP. While I think its a good mouse, its quite small for me thus requires some adjustments during gaming because it tends to shift around in my grip a lot. Now I wish I'd gotten the Death Adder instead.

One thing though, I'm not sure whether its the drivers or what, but Mac support seems to be subpar. When I plug the Orochi it works great. But when I use it as a bluetooth mouse (as it is intended), the mouse settings changes. Everytime I plug in the mouse, the settings reset back to the way its "default" at. Strange. I never use the mouse as bluetooth anymore as it also gets jumpy, not accurate at all.

Not sure if anyone else have problems like this.

19. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

@alucard, i had that issue too - had to uninstall all the magicmenu/prefs for my magic mouse. after that i could use the orochi BT or plugged switching between both on the fly w/no problems. Just had to set the settings in the system preferences first in the mouse for BT action , then the Orochi settings in system preferences for wired.

HTH

20. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

hi shaft,

thanks for the reply. Let me try to follow you on this.

I don't have magic mouse installed so that can't be it. I guess I had some logitech mouse installed before, so do I need to uninstall that? I have Logitech Control Center and that's pretty much it. Not even sure how to uninstall it :)

Any clarification appreciated.