Rate the latest Pinoy movie you have watched

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by piedad, Jun 12, 2018.

1. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Because its Philippine Independence Day today ...

Citizen Jake - 8 out of 10
    Highly recommended for its coverage of our current political and societal ills. Too bad it was not shown too long in the theatres, but I won't be surprised if politicians lobbied to get it out as soon as possible.

2. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Not a pinoy movie though

3. boobtubefreak

boobtubefreak Active Member

oops wrong thread!

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

My wife literally dragged me to watch Sid & Aya I had to cover myself with a hoodie lest somebody I know sees me...

This is my first Pinoy movie after Heneral Luna and I didn’t expect it to be quite an improvement to the realm of Filipino cinephiles’ tastes...

I actually enjoyed it, bless my heart...8/10

potpot2 likes this.
  5. aries405

aries405 Member

i watched that too....anne curtis did some good acting ! i liked it

hitme64 likes this.
  6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Last movie I paid for: Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad (it was MMFF and I had free time... Really waste of time and money, IMO last "OK" Vice Ganda movie for me was The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin)

Last movie I watched (TFC subscription), Last Night and 100 Tula para kay Stella, both films are not bad.

7. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

watched "Mistah" on TFC Cinemaone 3 weeks ago, 5/10 for making me miss the Philippines lol

macjobber likes this.
  8. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

Citizen Jake.... 8/10. It was good. Sayang it was shown in few cinemas lang.

9. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Staying abroad for more than 10 years, it feels good that selected local films are now available in regular cinemas...

In the past, you can only watch Pinoy films in an auditorium! (terrible audio and video) - it was organized by a Lucky Plaza business and only available on a Sunday with 2-3 screen times

To show my support... I just buy 2 tickets and if I'm free, why not spend the next 2 hours eating popcorn and soda.

Indian, Chinese and Malay movies are shown here (SG) regularly... Pinoy films are shown 1 at a time, but it's a good start.

First Love
    3/10

kyubi likes this.