Quick excel question

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by TrackShields, Nov 8, 2008.

1. TrackShields

TrackShields Member

I'm totally retarded when it comes to excel. here's what happened: i have a few excel files from my mac that i exported to a flashdrive and tried modifying using a PC. i clicked on something that made all the cells with formulas show the formula instead of the values that was supposed to be the result of those formulas. now i can't make it go back to the way it was using my mac. how do i get rid of the "show formulas" mode using my mac... sadly that was the last thing i did on the PC thinking i wouldn't have problems correcting it in my mac... i was wrong. and now i don't have access to a PC. HELP!

thanks.

2. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

try command + ~ (the key before the 1 on the keyboards

3. philpangandian

Wait, it's Control + ~, not Command + ~

4. TrackShields

TrackShields Member

thanks! while i was waiting for a reply, i went low tech and just made a new worksheet. cut the old cells and pasted them into the new one... nag work naman! too bad i can't try your solution anymore. :)

5. bon

bon Active Member

Yeah Ctrl-~ is actually very useful when auditing formulae on a complex worksheet model. I first discovered it by accident, just like you did. :)

6. xai

xai Member

this forum is very informative..thanks!

7. philpangandian

You can still try it.. It just switch the cell views to 'normal' and 'formula' whenever you press Control~.

Same here, by accident, about a year ago.. I love linking cells and this is so useful when formulas get complex. I also use this when my friends need help in detecting and correcting error in their formulas