Quarantine/Curfews - things to do at home

Discussion in 'General OT' started by abielbad, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    ^Looks more like Chicken Tinyola!

hitme64 and gogetit like this.
  2. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

Ive been craving for pizza, anyone has lead on snr delivery? Thanks!

3. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

past 3 weeks I’ve been to Russia then to Nigeria and then Italy & Switzerland. Tonight I read myself to sleep in Spain

3E1A7149-8AA4-4D64-98DB-9FE39B0F535E.jpeg

books take us places & transport us through time like no other media can, not even Netflix ;)

raypin, SE20, macjobber and 2 others like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I have a new counting chore. Well it will after I talk to this seller. Anak ng teteng kamahal naman ng munggo.
    4DCCCC86-FA83-4947-9B03-7852CB1203F0.jpeg

Qin Zhi, topaz, pandecoco and 2 others like this.
  5. macmacoy

macmacoy Active Member

6. hitme64

Tried doing that on table with drawers. Never even reached the top :LOL:

Also, our kapitbahay has been waiting for their relief goods since yesterday. Since social distancing, dito na kinabit ung sakong lalagyan.
    52719248-648E-4B4E-BDFD-FE70D5EE9947.jpeg

raypin and imart like this.
  7. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Looks like Christmas really came early when sako also offers more storage than a stocking by the fireplace

hitme64 likes this.
  8. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Do ya'll think they will extend the ecq for another 2 weeks?

9. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I hope so. I feel like the first four weeks will have been in vain if lifting the ECQ too early allows it to start spreading again, and it may be unstoppable at that point. I feel like we still have a chance to actually flatten the curve locally if they extend it

10. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

gradual lifting maybe. those areas that have a lost of cases maybe under ECQ. the rest will have a general quarantine.

11. hitme64

It should. It’s a matter of life and death now. Everyone knows it has to because of what they have been seeing around them. So whatever bullshit some people say about human rights being more important or that the government is not doing enough, it’s about us, ourselves, and everybody else doing what we can to live our lives to the fullest and defeating this enemy before we can finally get back to where we were before the madness began.

pandecoco likes this.
  12. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

Yes, and more tests should be done so we'd know how to move forward. Actually, so our leaders would know what to do.

hitme64 likes this.
  13. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes. 4 weeks wasn’t enough. They’ll probably add 2 more weeks, then reassess. Take it 2 weeks at a time after April 12. We haven’t even started mass testing yet.

hitme64 and pandecoco like this.
  14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....sort of mass testing being done. As of April 5 around 20,000 tests have been performed, of which around 80% were negative. Read it somewhere.

From CNN PH :

“The health official said the Research Institute of Tropical Medicine and other subnational laboratories can collectively administer 900 to 1,200 tests daily. This number will further increase to more than 3,000 a day by April 14 and up to 10,000 daily by the end of the month, Vergeire projected.”

The UP-developed PCR test kits will go into commercial production in a short while. This will help DOH surveillance and finally uncover the true extent of infection in the PH.

All PUIs and PUMs will qualify for the expanded testing.

#114 raypin, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    hitme64 likes this.
  15. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

From what I could sense, the quarantine should be in sync with the world to hopefully meet objectives significantly. What's the point of allowing your now-healthy neighbor to roam around and later on acquires new infection?

Living in a country with one of the most intense human traffic with China and having a steady increase of cases here since early this year, well, we're just about to have a lockdown starting tomorrow, which is a month imposed later than the one in the Philippines.

And not to defend the government for not imposing a January lockdown. Most of the governments around the world are heeding the recommendations from the World Health Organization, not from some Wealthy Hypertensive Opposition nor from any random guy, who is trying to rock the boat using oily keyboards.

hitme64 likes this.
  16. ginomatic

ginomatic Active Member

A good advice (something to do) suggested by my fave Filipino documentary and press photographer Jes Aznar

upload_2020-4-6_11-44-3.png

17. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup, I find myself wondering about a worst case scenario: what if our government decided it's too hard to try to flatten the curve and too many people are complaining about their efforts, and then the government lifts all restrictions, allows everyone to go back out to their daily lives, and lets everyone handle the situation however they want to. And all that government will do is just publish warnings about the disease. What will happen to the Philippines and how long will it take?

hitme64 likes this.
  18. hitme64

^I give it 5-6 days. LGUs will be hard pressed to recover and hospitals will be overwhelmed by the living who are sick and the dead who will greatly outnumber those still alive. There will be widespread looting, even murder and arson. The police will have its ranks decimated by infections and defections. The military will step in but by then the country will be in chaos. Government will break down and aid will be stopped. Estimates will be 100,000 dead in a week.

I’m not laying down the spoiler for World War Z.

imart, raypin and pandecoco like this.
  19. hitme64

06859065-4380-4031-AE9E-D6A066364002.jpeg
    It’s clear that, at any time, the goal set in this
    Memo may be relaxed and/or modified by concerned agencies as public health and food security may require.

It isn’t now just flattening the curve, but quashing the line: no or less deaths, more stable recoveries. That’s the bottom line.

20. bisdak

bisdak Well-Known Member

Been running around the house, an 80-meter loop. My longest so far is 10k, or 125 loops. My running buddies are crazy, joining that Strava contest who could run longest at home. They can do 21k, 42k inside their homes, on a 5m or 10m stretch, out and back out and back.

hitme64, Mykolant and Juice like this.