Quarantine/Curfews - things to do at home

Discussion in 'General OT' started by abielbad, Mar 14, 2020.

1. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

Ok with this planned month long quarantine and curfews, most of us would most likely be staying in our homes for an extended period of time.

Even in this internet age we can’t always force ourselves to be glued on our mobile phones, computers and tv’s.

I’m trying to find old board games and most likely be playing my guitar more.

greta87, Juice, ronjet and 2 others like this.
  2. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

I guess I’ll grab a bite outside once in while then drive for a few minutes just to break the monotony. Other than that I might do house projects like working on making wirings at home look better than it should or maybe set up the pool. I hope this will only take 2 weeks rather than a month

Juice, ronjet, Theus and 2 others like this.
  3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...I plan to bicycle around the subdivision. At home, besides the usual, I plan to listen to my headphones and in-ears (around 70 plus now). Music is food for the soul.

Read eBooks.

Play PC games.

Since I dont socialize much anyway, the adjustment will be very minimal.

lsalapare, greta87, Juice and 3 others like this.
  4. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Avoid online forums with severe political bias that is disconnected from reality.

Grabe, best practices recommended by WHO, implemented by other democratic nations like those of the EU are being accused as a prelude to Marcos-style Martial Law.

So I'll stick to Philmug, DOSBox gaming and watching 4K Blurays like 1917.

lsalapare, kyubi, greta87 and 6 others like this.
  5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

It has just been clarified that there will be no curfew until city councils will pass an ordinance declaring same. Just to be clear.

In 1971, curfew started from 6pm-6am. Total lockdown but it wasn’t called that then. No one was on the street. No vehicle can be seen. No business establishment was open. Everyone was at home, with just one government TV station to watch. Even radio broadcasts were full of pro-government propaganda. So basically, it was early to bed and early to rise with nothing to do in between. Well, we enjoyed talking with one another I guess, or playing board games but that was a rut in itself after enduring days and months cooped at night. We kids then couldn’t complain because the fact that nights were dreary and didn’t bode well especially when you hear the knocks on the doors, we’d take comfort in bed. So that was how life was then in the ML era.

Now, there’s so much to do. And see. And eat. And play. And read. And then go to bed. I won’t make specifics because it can turn into a rut later on so I’d rather do each day as it comes. Make it look like a random event. Besides, I have one month to figure that out.

greta87, raypin, Juice and 3 others like this.
  6. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

seems Muntinlupa’s first to pass local ordinance for curfew.

plenty to keep the family busy. there’s NetFlix, Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV+, 4K discs/player & NMT.

board games, need to dust these off (Dead of Winter, Timeline & One Night Ultimate Werewolf not shown)

95E6EF2E-0011-4B19-82EB-958BDD353F74.png

time to clean some vinyl & exercise our 2-channel stereo, play guitar & piano with sons:

8A74C890-5465-4320-B769-CDEFA930FE6C.png

and of course, books we got from recent big bad wolf sale

oh PS4, PC & iPad gaming for our boys

wife’s WFH for the next month & I’ll be WFH most of the week.

#6 Theus, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    hitme64, abielbad, raypin and 2 others like this.
  7. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Well, there’s cooking, cleaning the house, washing the dishes, reading all those books we’ve bought but didn’t actually read...

It’s actually not bad yet. Summer is just starting to kick in. Brace yourselves for when the water shortage starts.

lsalapare, ronjet, Juice and 3 others like this.
  8. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I'll finally be able to get some things done in the house. Play with my 4 year old, goof around with my teenagers, swim and finally watch the entire Game Of Thrones series.

ronjet, hitme64, abielbad and 2 others like this.
  9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...I looked up the data from MWSS a couple of days ago.

Dam water (levels) looks good for Angat, Ipo and La Mesa. Just a few meters below spilling level. Should be enough to carry the Metro until the monsoon season.

kyubi, ronjet, Juice and 2 others like this.
  10. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm learning a new language via Babbel. Aprendo Español.
    Buena suerte a todos.

ronjet, raypin, hitme64 and 1 other person like this.
  11. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

This is the best time to binge watch and go over my backlog of unplayed games on my PS4 and Switch. Schedule on my surgical profession has been semi-skeletal but it could only get worse from here.

ronjet, raypin, Theus and 1 other person like this.
  12. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

While we quarantine ourselves and our loved ones, let us reflect and listen to what this pandemic is telling us. What mother nature is asking us to do. Let us learn from the good and the bad deeds we committed that might have contributed to our current situation. Share and exchange ideas and learn from each other. Let us involve the kids and adults alike on how to do proper hygiene, proper waste disposal, how to clean the house, do the laundry, learn about coughing and sneeze etiquette, how to protect our environment, plant trees, start a vegetable and ornamental garden and learn to respect our fellow earthlings, instill discipline, patriotism at malasakit para sa kapwa at bayan. These are some of my recommendations while we protect ourselves from this invincible enemy

#12 pinoyslinger, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    raypin, ronjet, greta87 and 3 others like this.
  13. hitme64

I’m not actually bored at home. I welcome the self-quarantine. I also found out the bathroom tiles were 157, 160 minus 3 missing.

lsalapare, dopster00, raypin and 9 others like this.
  14. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

barely a day after IATF announcement, kids’ school issued ‘distance learning’ memo. Extract:

2A1ABCBA-DE0A-4B02-9D17-A2B5D504B669.jpeg
    boy are they prepared (y) seems they were expecting community quarantine. Our boys will need to save bandwidth for online video games, err classes :D

Easily 3-4 hours of quality family time with these 2 games alone:

89B1672E-A9DE-42A4-BFA9-77F98996FEB6.png

998D2CF1-9548-4F5D-8BEF-71C3FEC18CEF.png

for ‘quickies’, there’s exploding kittens & sushi go! :)

Attached Files:

ronjet, hitme64 and raypin like this.
  15. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

I don't know what to do!

[​IMG]

Qin Zhi, lsalapare, kyubi and 5 others like this.
  16. Juice

Supporter

This isn't my first quarantine. I had a self quarantine for 3 months when I had a kidney transplant. The only ones who were allowed in my room was my wife and 2 nurses with 2 shifts, always wearing a medical mask and has to be clean all the time. They took turns in changing the wound dressing, prep food 10 meals a day, give meds, draw blood, measure intake of fluid and urine output. All I had was my Mac and TV. I didn't have Netflix then, and that's how I built my iTunes collection. I talked to my 2 kids back then through FaceTime, who were just in their rooms. All documents from my office had to be brought to me.
    It was fun at first cause it felt like a much needed vacation, but after a month it was becoming boring. I literally walked around the room looking at flaws on the wall.

maRian, ronjet, shaft and 3 others like this.
  17. hitme64

^So, how many cobwebs did you find? I just found out my clothing cabinet has a small hole on top leading to the ceiling. That would mean one thing. Good that I have those rodent pellets on hand. Now I have the whole day to get them up the ceiling. And that takes care of Day 1. 29 days more to go.

kyubi, Juice, ronjet and 1 other person like this.
  18. zoo101

zoo101 Well-Known Member

Backreading PhilMUG forum threads: educational and entertaining!

19. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

i
    Haha. This is a nice idea

raypin likes this.
  20. Juice

Supporter

Cobwebs were removed prior to occupying the room. Cause doctors wanted a clean room. It smelled like clorox and lysol. Watch out for those rodents, they have the memory of a woman. You better kill them or they'll get back at you. Not that I'd kill women, but that's how sharp they are.

abielbad and hitme64 like this.