publishing outside .mac

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by mozartpena, Apr 21, 2007.

1. mozartpena

mozartpena Member

hello guys

we have this school project to create a PR plan for a chosen NGO. part of the plan is to create a website to attract possible donors and public support.
    thanks to the beauty of iWeb 06, i've already done an elaborate website, with photos and text. the problem is i cannot possibly purchase a .mac account, im only a college junior just surviving on the tuition fees, haha.

according to my googling its possible to publish my iWeb website, and that I only have to find a webhost that can host all of the files.

i tried www.cjb.net, and it works. but you have to upload each file one by one. this will be torture when i update something on iWeb and then i have to upload each and every jpeg and html file just to update it.

do you guys know of any hosting site that can upload all at once? a la multiply photo upload? or maybe there's a technique that will do it?

thanks!

-mozart

#1 mozartpena, Apr 21, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  2. Gomi

Gomi Active Member

cjb.net is unreliable at times, it's good that you can even upload at all.

Why not consider a low-priced hosting plan? I have a handfull of low-traffic sites hosted by PCV and it only costs me php50 a month, everything enabled: php, mysql, cgi, ftp, and unlimited pop email accounts.

3. antz

antz Active Member

Try 110mb.com. Its free and no forced ads. Whats good, just simply archive (zip) the folder of your site, upload via 110mb web file manager, unzip and youre done. Its faster than uploading via ftp.

4. mozartpena

mozartpena Member

wah those are good finds. ok im gonna check them out now. thanks!

5. macychic

macychic Member

Im waiting for my domain name to be approved. I chose PhilHosting.net.

BUT, I dont know if I made the right choice as I chose the Win Plan over the Linux one. Did I make the right choice there? Do you think it would work with OSX?

Another question is that, is there any way to edit the HTML/CSS code (newbie here, sorry) of iWeb?

Help. :(