PSA: ₽1,500 iPhone battery replacement ends December 31

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by tweek, Nov 14, 2018.

1. fvferraris

fvferraris Member

What are the requirements of availing the discounted battery replacement? do we need to show that "battery health" recommends battery replacement? Have a 6 plus (81%), 6s plus (78%) and 7 plus (86%) and only the 6s has the recommendation.

2. toonice

toonice New Member

As long as your phone has not been modified/repaired by unauthorized service centers you are good to go.

3. lennytan

lennytan Active Member

And also if your phone is not bought in the US. I tried availing this for my iPhone 7 plus and got denied since it was bought in the US

4. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

BTB vmall didnt accept mine, “okay pa naman daw” and they will take the unit for days for testing and they will take my phone “daw” and all BS things just to make sure i dont avail of it. im freaking disappointed.

jayparalejas likes this.
  5. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

What's your iPhone battery health level?

6. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

it's at 86%

7. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Same!

8. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

If you can afford it, ask them to replace it, you are paying anyway. Had an iPhone 7+ battery replaced with 86%.

9. mauwrr

mauwrr Active Member

Hi Guys, need your advise. I will be around Divisoria tom. I plan to swing by any nearest AASP for battery replacement of 2 iPhone 6s. Which one would you recommend? I have to get there by commuting. Thanks in advance.

10. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

What's the minimum battery level before it could be eligible for replacement? My daughter's iP6s is at 82%. Thanks!

11. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

it is now almost impossible to book an appointment for battery replacement at the Apple store in Orchard.

sent an email to Apple support and they managed to get an appointment with a service provider.

12. imart

imart Active Member

^glad that i got it off my task list in late october. if working nearby, consider making a walk-in visit to the 2nd level and mention about getting it done within the day. typically, even during (not-so-busy) weekdays, i still managed to secure an appointment at around 8pm when i dropped by during my lunch break at 1pm. there's no assurance though, if they can complete the replacement process on the same day as i was also told that the retrieval can take place the day after.

13. toonice

toonice New Member

I went to PowerMac MOA today. We tried to avail the battery replacement program but the csr did not recommend replacing the batteries. Iphone 6 is at 86% battery health and Iphone 7 at 82% battery health. They said phones with battery health 60% or lower are the ones that needs replacement. Still thinking if we should replace the battery because they say it comes with a risk.

14. ratburn

ratburn Member

I plan to walk in at power mac sm north edsa annex. Is it possible to do so or do i have to call in advance? Planning to have my iphone 7 plus battery replaced.

15. toonice

toonice New Member

We did not schedule an appointment in PowerMac MOA today. You might need to if you are going on a weekend.

ratburn likes this.
  16. ratburn

ratburn Member

Thank you! Planning to go tomorrow.

17. testdummy

testdummy Active Member

I didn't need an appointment too. I just went to the Switch service center in Alabang Town Center last week and they accepted the unit. Of course there's the usual disclaimer about the exclusions, such as tampered units, modifications, repairs by unauthorized centers, etc.

mauwrr likes this.
  18. mauwrr

mauwrr Active Member

Me too. Did it last Friday. It is scheduled for pick up today. The CSO confirmed it is ready for pick up thru text. CSO didn't mention any additional repairs so I am assuming that I will just pay 1500 tomorrow.

19. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

PMC SM Megamall accepts all battery conditions even if its 88%. you'll have to leave your phone for 2 weeks starting with all the plus models to the x. only battery in stock is the iphone 6.

did not avail, coz the wait time is too long

20. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Just had my iPhone 7+ battery replaced @ iStore. Waiting time is only 2 hours. Happy to have my battery health maximum capacity back to 100%. (y)

6675EB3F-BBE6-451B-83BE-7CD62E17A9CF.jpeg