PS3 Media Buffer Problems, stutters after 1:20:++ !!!

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by vinz420, Oct 19, 2009.

1. vinz420

vinz420 Member

Currently using MBP 2.53 Ghz with 4GB RAM. I've always been using PS3 Media to stream my mkv and other HD films/movies to my PS3 and never had any problems. The last two nights, I've recently been having a weird problem with playing/streaming movies: it stutters and mocks about after watching 1 hour and 20 minutes ++! The last three films I watched all started making funny stutters and out-of-sync voices after 1:20:00. I never used to have this problem and I don't remember changing anything drastically with settings etc. I am currently streaming via gigabit ethernet cables through an Apple Time Capsule. I first thought that the movie file was corrupted but when watched locally on the Mac, runs without a hitch!

Is it a memory leak on my Mac? Is the PS3 Media Server having buffering problems? Is there any way to reset the PS3 Media settings?

2. mig

mig Active Member

Have you tried starting playback at 1:20:00?

3. vinz420

vinz420 Member

Yes I've tried that, tried going past it as well (started at 1:30 etc). I;'ve also restarted both machines (Mac and PS3) to no avail. What I've noticed is that the transcoding buffer meter on the PS3 Media gets full up after the 1:20, and doesn't seem to die down even after exiting the media server.

One of the main things I wanted to know was how can I reset the settings on the PS3 Media server as it used to work until last week.

4. vinz420

vinz420 Member

Just to update you guys, I've managed to solve my problem! I changed the "Number of Cores" from 2 (as I have a Core 2 Duo processor) to 8! Overriding the CPU avoided any stuttering problems that I used to have! I was also able to max out all my settings so now I can stream and watch 1080p movies in its full glory!

Hope this thread would be of some help to other philmug users!