Problem with Inq7 on Safari and Firefox

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by lamski, Jul 20, 2005.

1. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Recently, when I access http://www.inq7.net on Safari or Firefox, all I get is a blank page. Are you guys experiencing the same? :qmark:

2. jha

jha Active Member

I'm using Safari and it's doing fine at this moment

3. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

mines okay :D

4. catrina

catrina Member

i got that also last night. my guess is that its only due to heavy traffic. i tried it this morning and its fine na :)

5. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

It happened to me na a couple of times also. I am guessing that it is due to heavy traffic (like Catrina mentioned). My brother who is based in HK who is using a Vaio experienced the same thing.

So, don't worry about it. Hehe.:D

6. lamski

Supporter

Ok. I'll try it later this tonight.

Is it also possible that the problem is due to missing browser plugins/extensions?

7. kilgore

kilgore Member

I haven't been able to access inq7.net with FireFox or Safari since...many days ago already. I first assumed it was due to high traffic, but everyone else in the office (PCs) could access it fine. I'm thinking it might have something to do with Adblock, which I have installed, but that should affect only FireFox. Since someone else is having this problem... I'll just check this page again for ideas, and provide some of my own if I get any.

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by kilgore]

8. kilgore

kilgore Member

Okay, I just experimented with the Adblock extension (Firefox). I previously had it set to "Remove Ads," I shifted to "Hide Ads" and the inq7 page loaded.

9. wershwie

wershwie Member

Nope, I doubt that it's about missing plug-ins. :)

Inq7.net's been getting ultra heavy traffic lately with all the stuff going on (senate hearing here, GMA message there, Ayala rally here, etc.) and people are hungry for up-to-date info. There are even times when the site had to use its low res interface to stay up on the web, so mostly text lang ang makikita mo. And then there are times that the site's totally down. :(

HTH!

- leslie -

[Edited on 7-20-2005 by wershwie]

10. JVDR

JVDR Guest

Hi all, this is JV Rufino at INQ7.net. We have a redirect script that redirects inq7.net to inq7.net/index_network.htm. This script seems to fail with certain ad blocker extensions such as PithHelmet for Safari. If you encounter this problem, you can bookmark inq7.net/index_network.htm directly as a workaround.

Also, by any chance are those experiencing the problem on PLDT myDSL?

P.S. I use Safari on OS X at work and haven't encountered the problem so far unless I activate PithHelmet.

11. lamski

Supporter

Hi JVDR and all the other inq 7 peeps!

Just did a re-test at home:

The http://www.inq7.net/index_network.htm link works. But http://www.inq7.net/ just shows a blank page. There must be something wrong with the redirection script. I don't have pith helmet installed. Just a plain, vanilla installation of Safari.

On Firefox (ver. 1.0.6), the behavior is a bit different: Kilgore is correct that when adblock is set to hide ads, the inq7 page will load. But it will just tell you that you will be redirected to the inq7 homepage. It will then stop there and won't redirect you.

12. JVDR

JVDR Guest

Thanks for the feedback, lamski. What version of Safari are you using? I'm on 1.3 (v312) on OS X 10.3.9 Build 7W98.

13. lamski

Supporter

My safari is version 2.0 (412.2). I'm on OS X 10.4.2 with all the latest patches.

14. topnotch97

topnotch97 Member

i had problems using the INQ7 site lately. whenever i access the video files (wmv format), a new page will appear but as it get's close to being accessed, my Safari crashes. so whenever i access the site, I have to use Opera as an alternative. that seems weird.

15. maclindows

maclindows Member

The other day I only see their plain text version. Its just like their PDA version, only bigger. Now its working fine. I think its because of high internet traffic.

16. JVDR

JVDR Guest

Video on Safari

I've encountered this problem before occasionally but a reinstall of the Windows Media Player solved the problem in Safari. What version of Safari are you on? I'll try to replicate the problem.

17. JVDR

JVDR Guest

Thanks. I'll try to see if we can replicate the problem.

18. Odysseus

Odysseus Active Member

Strange... but I am having the same problem with inq7.net today. Though i am running on Firefox 1.0.6.

I tried using IE, and inq7.net loaded as unusually fast.

[Edited on 7.22.05 by Odysseus]

19. lamski

Supporter

It seems the redirect script has been fixed. It now works correctly on Safari and Firefox. :cheers: