Problem with handling e-mails and schedule with Mac

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by coolpix32, Jun 10, 2008.

1. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Hi guys! Since my big shift from a PC to Mac I've had no regrets whatsoever. Just love the Mac. ;)

However, I have one minor concern involving my e-mails. In my PC set-up, I use Outlook to manage both my schedule and e-mails. My e-mails are downloaded from Gmail via POP3. Confirmation notices (coming from MS Exchange, i think) of my meetings are sent via e-mail which, upon accepting, automatically updates my Outlook Calendar. My Outlook Calender is then synchronized with my Palm Tungsten E.

When i shifted to Mac, I suddenly missed my Outlook. I checked with Gmail and found out that they currently have no support for Entourage POP3 access. For now, I am using Mail for my POP3 access to Gmail. Moreover, I can't make my Palm synchronize with Entourage.

Is it possible to have the same set-up with my Mac? My calendar also has to be able to synch with my Palm.

Thanks guys! I hope you can enlighten me a bit. :)

2. thomasz

thomasz Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

i hope i will not have any trouble.

3. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Why don't you try syncing your Palm using your Mac's iSync. Mail works with iCal seamlessly so whatever items you have in your iCal that is being fed by Mail will be iSynced to your Palm.

I have not tried this though. My experience was syncing my SE with my Mac.