Problem with dotMac activation

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by LLR, Dec 29, 2005.

1. LLR

LLR Member

my .Mac account expired yesterday and when I tried renewing my account using the activation key I purchased during the promo it says "The key has already been used"!
    am I missing something here?
    is there a place or link where i can verify my account?
    thank you.
    LLR

2. elbert

elbert Active Member

If you're certain the box you purchased is unopened? If so, take it back to AppleCenter and have them replace it. They'll be able to help you trace who used that activation key, if it has indeed been activated before.

To check your .mac status, simply launch System Preferences and click on .Mac and it should tell you when your account will expire. They might be going through some problems now since mine says it will renew in 16 days, when, in fact, I already saw this go up to over 380 days after I renewed.

#2 elbert, Dec 29, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  3. LLR

LLR Member

thank you very much.
    yes, i was the one who opened the box. do i need to go to greenbelt or any apple center will do?
    my account says it will renew in 0 days.
    salamat ulit.
    LLR

4. elbert

elbert Active Member

If your account expires and you fail to renew it, your email account will be active for 15 days, but you won't be able to access iDisk or the other .Mac features.

I checked my account by going to www.mac.com and clicking on Account in the bottom left part of the screen.

It was indicated in the Account Settings page that my account will renew on January 16, 2005. I was worried that the Activation Key I used didn't go through, even if I got an email confirmation that it did. So I went ahead and clicked on Review your renewal settings. I noticed that the activation key I used appeared on the bottom right field. I clicked Continue and my billing info appeared. I clicked Continue again and a Review Order screen showed me that I'm paying only for my extra email account.

Why not try the above? Maybe you successfully entered the Activation Key already. If not, then go to Apple Center and complain, as earlier suggested.

Good luck.

#4 elbert, Dec 30, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  5. LLR

LLR Member

that was how i activated my account. the activation key also appeared as you pointed out but no amount to be paid because i didn't put my card details. i also did not receive an email confirmation.

i'm still receiving mails and still able to access iDisk. so most probably the key went through. i'm just worried about the expiry date not reflecting on my account.

what do you reckon? do i still need to inform apple centre, or just sit tight for the meantime?

thanks again.

LLR

6. LLR

LLR Member

problem settled.
    thanks everyone.
    LLR

7. ibook300bb

ibook300bb Member

How? Did they replace the box?

8. LLR

LLR Member

no. i just informed apple center about the problem and after 2-3 days, i received a confirmation email from apple about the renewal.
    LLR