Printing question

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ericklirios, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ericklirios

ericklirios Member

Hi, guys!

I normally carry around one of those Catlleya notebooks that we used a lot in the 80s. Turns out the notebook fillers are actually A4 sheets folded in the middle. Now here's my query:

How do I go about printing a document so that it will come out in the proper order when I put the sheets of A4 paper together with one page fitting snugly on one half of that A4? The basic notion is that the document will look like a regular filler of one of these notebooks and will read properly by being arranged from page 1 to x as you flip the pages.

Salamat!

Erick

2. krisbau

krisbau Member

if you have a fujixerox/ canon or one of those high-tech short run printers which look like photocopiers, this can be done in one of their settings -- booklet creation. (I used this for my wedding missalette) :)

but i'm not sure if you can do this with normal printers unless you lay it out on whatever program you're using to follow the desired pagination.

but maybe someone out there has tried. it would be interesting to find out also.

3. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

Hey Krisbau, I have a Fuji-Xerox printer that does that in my press :) It came with the G4 PowerMac in my sig.

ericklirios:

If you have a InDesign, there's a plug-in called ALAP Imposer Pro which you can use. It costs $200 but you can download the trial version if you're just going to use it once

#3 Provboy, Oct 2, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  4. hacksaw

hacksaw Member

This is called page imposition. Yes, Pagemaker, InDesign and Quark has plug-ins to do this.

~hacksaw