Printing Actual Size in Preview

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Mad Mac, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

How do I print in actual size in Preview? When I print the image always prints to fit resulting in huge ink wasting images.

2. dryxzzz

dryxzzz Active Member

Here's how:

1. Press Command+P, the print dialog box appears.
    2. Besides the Printer pulldown menu is an arrow button pointing down, click it to expand the dialog box for more options.
    3. Another dropdown menu somewhere in the midpoint indicating Preview, Layout, Color Matching, etc. Choose Preview.
    4. Tick Scale then input your desired value (in percentage) until you get the ideal size in the preview image on its left.
    5. Click OK.

That's it.

#2 dryxzzz, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

I followed that. Set it to Scale to 100%. It still filled up the page. When I decrease the scale nothing happens to the preview image.

4. dryxzzz

dryxzzz Active Member

Really? Mine acted promptly. That procedure is from osx 10.5.8, are you in osx 10.6.x? If so, then it maybe a bit different, if not, it should act promptly too.

5. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

I am on 10.6.2. I got it printing actual size by :

• command + P

• click down arrow

• scale to 100%

• click up arrow

• click preview

• Click print

For some reason the thumbnail preview does not work