Pricing Guide for Freelance Graphic Designers

Discussion in 'Graphic Designers' started by imedalla, Apr 6, 2010.

1. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Its all over for us people. We should all go back to the rice fields and toil in the sun, or better yet, beg on the streets. Game over.

https://www.fiverr.com/

2. stitch

stitch Member

It's been over for us graphic designers for quite some time now unless you are into web design or do some GUI for apps. The traditional print designers are hard pressed for work. Yes, just plant camote or maybe teach in art school...

3. mnx

mnx Active Member

Print and video projects still fill the biggest slice of our income pie... Digital is actually quite terrible with very low margins... Usability work is gaining ground but we need more psychologists, industrial designers and behavior people than graphic designers for those gigs... I've long given up on per project work and only service very select clients who keep us on retainer contracts plus project costs...

Enterprise clients are great to deal with as the numbers are much better than the SME market... We just need to make sure our financial backing is solid as terms range can go as far as 180 days... This effectively keeps the freelancers and small shops from becoming our competition...

We've also made it policy not to use freelancers for actual project work... We have them come in to try out for a position in our company... The problem of about 98% of those I've met is that they are just not as good as they think...

4. drigal

drigal Member

Good day Guys,

Newbie here. How much and how do you charge for a GUI design for mobile app.? It's my first time to handle a project like this, is it programming? Or you can do it in illustrator and layout the design? Can you give me some tips? Thank you so much!

5. mnx

mnx Active Member

what's your role in the design?

for reference, we charged PhP 350,000 for the last UI we made... that included usability testing with a control group made up of 10 users who fit the target market... the team included 1 developer, 2 industrial designers, 1 graphics designer, 1 psychologist and 2 assistants...

illustrator can only give you the look of the UI... i recommend your 1st step be to arrange for a control group comprised of the gamut of users your app is targeting... do your interviews and discussions before getting down to the design phase... do a basic box and slider prototype without the graphics 1st... best to prototype the UI using HTML5 then test it with a control group... you may want to test up at least 3 cameras (1 on the interface, 1 on the face of the user and 1 showing the users' upper body)... an industrial designer and psychologist can analyze the video output to tell you where the prototype works and where it doesn't... afterwards, do the graphics and layout again in HTML5 and test again...

our UI work usually takes between 90 to 180 days depending on the complexity of the application and the findings of the user tests...

6. Laurice

Laurice Member

Wow. I didn't know a psychologist had a part to play in building a GUI. What areas do they check?

7. mnx

mnx Active Member

they help design and run the user tests... afterwards, they give us an analysis of the results and work with our designers to

Laurice likes this.
  8. drigal

drigal Member

Good day Guys,

Just kindly want to ask if how much do you charge for a promotional ads? (ex. Banner, and then applying the design to poster, A4 size and FB) Thanks Guys!

#128 drigal, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  9. FrenzyBanana

FrenzyBanana Member

Hello, meron po ba kayong idea kung san pwede magpagawa ng company logo? How much po kaya? Thanks.

10. Emug

Emug Member

Hi, ramdam ko rin yan sir for the past couple of years. Been doing freelance works as a Final artist for 7 years. 4 to 5 years ago dami pa ko raket from different ad agencies here either per day or contract basis. plus, i handle pa WarnerBros. Phil print ads. lately even WB yung mga big movies na lng nila ang may print ads.

11. Czankx Duites

Czankx Duites New Member

Hi, I've been a freelance artist for my client for almost 2 years now, and was wondering what I'm pricing for him is enough .. Well, what I always do is design him some invitation but those invitations are from the internet and want me to do the same or close to it and had to type all the informations..
    What I'm concern about is the price per design.. Can someone help me with this?
    I know it's not original idea, but it's the same from being scratch because I have to re layout everything..

12. janu javier

janu javier New Member

13. janu javier

janu javier New Member

pm me on messenger @janu.javier
    or gmail : janujavier00@gmail.com

14. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi Janu!

My post was from 8 years ago, got an awesome cool design by a great artist here on PhilMUG, @chairman Dickoy (y)