Pricing Guide for Freelance Graphic Designers

Discussion in 'Graphic Designers' started by imedalla, Apr 6, 2010.

1. v8designstudio

Dear Astigs,

Since you have no idea on pricing, let me give you an idea.

RELATION TO THE CLIENT + RATES

FRIEND
    "Sige na, gagamitin natin ito, madaming items, sisikat ka." FREE in short

NON-DESIGNER Employee
    Maganda yung ginawa mo na powerpoint natin, gawa ka na nga din ng logo. Baka magustuhan ni Boss. Charge to salary.

IN-HOUSE Artist
    Make us a logo, corpo and dating pero simple at may impact. Nasa loob ng bilog ha kasi New Year e, tapos red kasi Dragon year. Tapos, may blue blue din, huwag black ha. Basta yung maganda at may dating. Charge to salery ....Hohummmmmm..

NEWBIE DESIGNER Wannabe
    Sir kaya ko yan gawin, try niyo ko. Mura lang, kahit pang meryenda lang, or "Pwede ba 500 pesos? Try natin sir. KUNG nagustuhan niyo, bigyan mo na lang ako other projects po.

Unemployed FREELANCER
    Sir (client), medyo mahirap kasi yan, normally, based sa terms of use and quantity ang rates. Di rin pwede madaliin baka pumangit po. Normally ang charge jan, mga 60 thousand po, i'll give you 50% off. Deliver ko within 10 days.

DESIGN STUDIO
    After the abstract discussion. "We'll take it from here sir. We will require a P25,000 deposit prior to doing any work on your requirement after which you will hear from us 15 days from today. We will give you 3 preliminary studies and move on from there. We'll fax you the billing after the design is approved and completed. We will also send you our certificate of release so you can use your logo according to the terms we have agreed upon." How much is the total billing statement? The deposit is normally 30% of the project cost.

Manila-based AD AGENCY
    Where did you say you were going to use the design sir?...... roll eyes...ummmmnn.... Let me talk to the Vice President for Creatives, for a while.... stilettos tapping on granite floor.... sexy sound... Thank you for waiting, but we can't accommodate you at this time as we are full. Thank you for visiting us.

When you actually talk to your clients in English - you can up your rates however you want.
    But when you talk in Tagalog like what you are doing now - you'll end up with coins.
    Hihihi....

2. xxxjanxxx2

xxxjanxxx2 Member

True that. Most often than not executing a good business talk gives you the upper hand but of course you have to show your portfolios to give weight on your prices. Note I'm not a designer but a freelance web developer and I can testify to this.

3. shiz

shiz Member

in my cases,

> iOS App Design : minimum PHP 30,000.00(almost $740) to maximum PHP 760,000.00(almost $19,000)+@

> Responsive Web Design(Design + HTML5 + CSS3 + jQuery + Media query + etc)
    : minimum PHP 40,000.00(almost $990) to maximum PHP 750,000.00(almost $18,500)+@

> illustration : minimum PHP 1,200(almost $30) to maximum 50,000.00(almost $1,300)+@

4. rye_bill

rye_bill New Member

Hi I'm new here in PhilMug just want to ask how much kaya ang cost ng character development and storyboard for an animation short? Pati na rin siguro yung full production nun 5 minutes yung animation e have no idea lang talaga kung magkano.

5. Ochie

Ochie New Member

I think this is a reasonable price guide to follow. Thanks for sharing.

6. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Hi amozart,

I was reading the graphic designer thread and back read the posts. You said that you're based in Davao.

I'm also based in Davao and looking for a designer for various projects. These include logos for 3 different companies and sack designs (our packaging).

If interested please send me a message on philmug so I may send you my contact details. I tried pm you but it says you don't allow it or something.

Thanks.

7. teamjm

teamjm Well-Known Member

Okay, im looking for someone who can do a graffiti on my small restaurant. Size is about 8ft by 12ft. Please pm me :)

8. MRSA

MRSA New Member

9. Adamson

Adamson New Member

if you are just starting then you need to charge as low rates as you can because there are many good graphic designer in market and for compete them you need to charge low rates may be 50% less then others or more

10. CreativeRabbit

CreativeRabbit New Member

Me..i usually charge 50% deposit before the start of any project..then the final 50% before the delivery of the final designs.

11. jayssam

jayssam Member

I think if a newbie, charging shouldn't be like giving your work away. True, you are a newbie and still trying to establish yourself, but it doesn't mean you're not going to do any actual work. So charge what you feel is right, not "barya" or "coins" which won't even pay for the electricity bill for the time you spend on the project.

Me and my wife charge on the following:
    $300-500 for logo design

$350-1000 for Wordpress design
    $1000-3500 for corporate HTML5/responsive site design

We also require 50% as a non-refundable deposit to book services and then remaining 50% before files or themes are transferred to the client's server or sent via email.

12. wo0dpecker27

wo0dpecker27 New Member

siguro yung price na yan eh ibibigay mo kung may sariling idea or concept na yung client.. ako bata pa po ako and minsan natanggap ako ng 100 for the birthday banner design., pero syempre kung pagdating sa logo and other design na kailangn ng madugong pagkosepto siguro naman alam nyo sa sarili nyo kung magkano ang hihingiin nyo. pero wag nyo naman po sabihin na porket may tumatanggap lang ng 100 pesos layout eh feeling graphic artist na.

13. junjimalaza

junjimalaza New Member

Thank you for this. I thought I was the only one with this range. Although this post might be old but it helps.

FYI, some history here, maybe this is moot but just reminiscing here. Back then I charged 40T for a flash project, and it took us a week to do it. It was basically an electronic maintenance manual for an engine, it also has some animation on which spare parts to remove first and the last. It was really interactive. This was about 13 years ago.

The same thing for web design and web sites, about 5 to 10 pages, cost around 40T. Back then we did not have Dreamweaver so it was a bit difficult to do.

My dilemma was how much to charge locally, since those amount were from a client in Japan and in the US... well except for the Web Site. Around ten years ago web site design and some HTML coding became much cheaper I even found 99USD back then. This was the start of the age of Templating. The Indians charge about 50USD even 25USD.

I know that logo design fetched about 25,000 PhP, and this was around... well more than a decade ago, and this was even in Cebu where I am from.

#113 junjimalaza, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  14. congaslap

congaslap New Member

this is a bargain, 20k for company logo with 2 revisions

15. cosasminimas

cosasminimas New Member

You are not an artist, you are trying to give others to have an idea to think that Creativeness and Ideas of an artist who've work hard for the concept have not to take seriously. It was your idea then keep doing your no sense effort.

16. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Errr whatchusay?

For your first post you decided to criticize a comment made waaaaay back?

How about this, since youre new, lets disregard this and start afresh. Philmug is a fantastic group to be a part of. Just dont be abrasive and rub the folks off the wrong way.

Welcome to Philmug!

17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

in all humility, i have to say...i didn't understand a word you said...or the grammar rubbed me the wrong way...whatever

please stay though because like Sunil_K said, this is a vibrant and fantastic group...you may become one someday...

on the topic, i think whatever freelancers want as their price is ok in the market...so be it

18. kenshinx

kenshinx Active Member

Some charges 50pesos for a design, some charges up to million USD per design/project and I'm sure they are not competing with each other.

So live and let live :)

19. mnx

mnx Active Member

not to fan the flame...

i'm not an artist... i run a design firm... part of my job is to search for talent for which i have staff searching through freelancers' work on an irregular basis... this includes their pricing... those are the lowest rates gathered by my staff... i've met and hired quite a few of these guys... i'd have to say, though, that for every 200 we look into, only 1 or 2 are eligible to work with us...

sorry, the i'm not an artist part is all i could respond to as i cannot understand the rest of the post...

20. m_gonzales

m_gonzales New Member

Hi. I'm new here at PhilMug. I am a graphic artist in a company here in the Philippines whom caters luxury brands here in the Philippines. I do campaign ads for magazines, newspapers, and OOH. I am also responsible for the in-store graphics, invitations for the events, calling cards, etc. My salary is low (but is above minimum) and their reason for that is I am a fresh graduate and I have no experience working on a corporate setting. Is that fair?

That's why I am accepting side jobs. Are there designers here? How much do you charge per design? e.g. bags, furnitures... And does the quantity of design per project affect your pricing?

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I provide all necessary details per. I use Illustrator for technical drawings. I do not have any idea how much to price.