Pre-unibody MBP swap with MB unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by mafioso, Dec 3, 2009.

1. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of swapping my 15 "MBP 2.4 2gb 200gb multi-touch without applecare with a unibody 2.0 4gb 250gb with warranty till next year. Is it a good decision? your thoughts?

I dont do graphic work really and just use the laptop for surfing the net.

Thanks.

2. raze94

raze94 Member

just for the warranty and the chance to purchase applecare makes it worth it i think. speck wise though its a step back, but if someone will take your pre unibody out of warranty to trade for a unibody with warranty i would jump on it. something you might want to take into consideration though is the size of the screen and the quality. i have heard a lot of people who went from the matte screen to the glossy screen and absolutely hated it.

3. ste@lth

[email protected] Well-Known Member

the new unibody is more than enough if your needs is just surfing the net, plus as raze94 said it gives you the chance to buy apple care, good deal for me....

4. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

and it's gonna be a straight swap by the way.

5. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

If it was me I would probably go for it just for the chance to extend the warranty alone. There are reports from reviews that the 2.0 Unibody is actually as fast as the older 2.4 Macbook Pros despite of its slower processor because of its faster system bus. :)

#5 Salaryman Ryan, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  6. jayar04

jayar04 Active Member

with the same dilemma.. i'm not keen on swapping my pre-unibody mbp 2.5ghz for a unibody primarily because of the matte screen.. yun lang talaga..