Powerbeats Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Accessories & Peripherals' started by Aargh, May 19, 2019.

1. jologs

jologs Active Member

Thanks a lot for the info. Appreciate it.

Ghibli likes this.
  2. speeds

speeds Active Member

AJT already has them at reasonable price. Unfortunately, I got mine at amazon a month ago with at least 1k difference.

3. jologs

jologs Active Member

^ yeah. I cancelled my order from the Apple webstore since they were taking so long to ship out the Powerbeats Pro and bought my unit from AJT instead.

hitme64 likes this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Saw a dude jogging in GH with the new PPro. Asked him how it is and he said it needs getting used to, having come from using the AirPods. I asked if the sound is better than a Sony or Bose and he said it’s the best.

Always ask the user not the genius behind the bar

5. jologs

jologs Active Member

I have to say, the Powerbeats Pro stays in place like no other IEM I've ever tried for running. Feels liberating not having to worry about pushing the IEM back into my ears from time to time. It's the best active/sport IEM I've used in that regard. That said, it's imperative to use the right sized tip for each ear and that the ear hooks are adjusted to fit properly to avoid wearing discomfort.

Sound isolation isn't as good as the Shure SE215 and the Jaybird Bluebuds X since the Powerbeats Pros have a vented design but it sounds really good with the volume turned up. It's got a neutral/balanced but smooth sound signature which I like.

#25 jologs, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    m4r14n likes this.
  6. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

waiting for our local reseller to have this....

7. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

It’s available in Power Mac Stores. Bought one yesterday. It retails for 13,490 php but if with cash, there’s a 5% discount hence I got it for 12,815.

39CAFE2E-9571-4D36-B9F9-59CE6629A24B.jpeg F744189C-AF28-47D3-97C2-F5E28786E2F9.jpeg

8. loko__loko

loko__loko Well-Known Member

thanks!

Ghibli likes this.
  9. doblezeta

doblezeta Well-Known Member

My quick thoughts:
    (All comparisons are with AirPods)

1) sound quality noticeably better especially with thumpy music (pop, hip hop, acoustics)
    2) much harder to put on / off ears due to having to make sure the hook thing goes to the right place on your ears. But once it’s in, it’s in.
    3) charging case no chance of being pocketable, meant to be put in bags. Putting them back in the case properly takes some getting used to.
    4) AirPods will 80% of the time still be the most convenient earphones you have on you coz of charging case pocketable size.
    5) I’ve never ran out of battery while using it (since it can do more than 4 hours straight).

Summary of my use case now for each:
    80% of the time: AirPods (making calls, watching videos at home, video conferencing at work)
    18% of the time: PowerBeats Pro (riding my electric kick scooter, running, walking about the village)
    2% of the time: Sony WH1000XM2 for noise cancelling on flights.

Dekra and hitme64 like this.
  10. ramil

ramil Active Member

I also have the AirPods and the Sony WH-1000X. Then, after I got the Powerbeats Pro, I gave the AirPods to the kids. Let's see if I would need to get the AirPods back, or I can use the Powerbeats Pro most of the time.

hitme64 likes this.
  11. jologs

jologs Active Member

Agreed. I only use the Powerbeats for my morning jog and exercise. My go-to gear for HiFi listening are the KEF LS50W and Sennheiser HD650. For gaming, it's the HD600. Everything else, nothing beats the convenience of the Airpods.

Oh, and I seldom use my Sony WH1000XM3, so it's gathering dust. I'm thinking of selling that one.

hitme64 likes this.
  12. hitme64

Used the Powerbeats Pro today for my early morning walk so this is a first review by me:

1. Heft is light, so light actually I presumed it was the glasses that were heavier.
    2. It needs getting used to if you have both Pro and eyeglasses on your ears.
    3. Because of number 2, it can get very stiff after a few minutes but I persevered.
    4. On mile 3, I needed to remove my eyeglasses because it was numbing my ears from the combined weight.
    5. Sound was akin to the AirPods for me. Nice highs but murmurs on the lows. Forget the bass.
    6. Voice calls are crisp and clear almost better than the iPhone itself.
    7. Didn’t use Siri because I didn’t want her reminding me of the distance I made and how much energy I’ve spent.

Overall, a great buy and a worthy replacement for the AirPods. Bbbuttt, am sticking with my Jabra Elites because of Nos. 2,3, and 4. But that’s just me.

shaft likes this.
  13. sibilly

sibilly Active Member

FECDC8A5-C628-403D-BD95-E8245BE8E819.jpeg

Just got mine yesterday from BTB Galleria, I was lucky as the one I got was the only one they had, no discount even for cash transaction though. I’m not sure if its because of the better seal on my ears but these sound significantly better than my gen1 airpods. They’re much louder too but again that might be due to the better seal and deeper placement of the tips. I prefer these over my B&O E8s for hip-hop and dance music due to the enhanced bass but the E8s provide better overall sound, you can distinguish the different instruments better with the E8s. Comfort wise they are super-light for the size, airpods are more comfy but i need to constantly push them in my ears to ensure they don't fall out and maintain good sound. Bottomline I'm keeping my airpods for listening when I don't move around but keeping these to replace the E8s for on the go use. The auto pairing is just too convenient for me to pass on.

hitme64 likes this.
  14. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

I loved the seamless connectivity between my windows 10 laptop and my Iphone than I am going to buy another pair. This time, in Ivory. Any idea when the other colors gets released?

15. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

hitme64 likes this.
  16. hitme64

Moss would look like you got something nasty-looking on your ear so am not getting that. Maybe the Navy. Go marines!

17. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

No stock in BTB Grand Canal and Loop ( pwer mac center)

18. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

do these have international warranty. Mine is acting up and sometimes not charging or discharging very rapidly. I bought them in EU just wondering iof they will honor the warranty?

19. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

With the beats x before when i asked powermac they did say it has intl warranty

Aargh likes this.