Power Mac Service Center poor customer support

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by risdj, Mar 6, 2015.

1. risdj

risdj New Member

Hi po, first time ko lang po mag post dito kasi po bumili po ako ng iPhone 6 Plus sa Power Mac, then napansin ko po may issue sa screen parang shadow po sa upper part so I decided to go to their service provider which is in Glorietta 5 by the way po nabili ko yung unit last February 11, 2015 lang po then dinala ko po sa G5 Power Mac Service Center ng February 20, 2015 para ma-check po nila yung unit and then after 3-4 days tumawag na po sila sakin na for pick-up na daw po yung unit, what they did is just factory reset so never daw nila na-open yung unit, then pag dating ko dun first thing is to check kung nawala yung shadow medyo nawala naman po, but after inspecting the body ng iphone ko may small dent na medyo malalim na medyo malapit sa lightning port which is new, kasi before I hand it over sa representative chineck ko po muna yung iphone ko, and then may checklist po sila which indicates na front and back cover lang ang meron sa unit front yung tempered glass yung back is the original apple plastic cover ginupit ko lang yung front cover nya so ang natira yung plastic lang po sa likod for added protection, and then may receipt din po ako from them which indicates din na wala pong scratches or dents. Here's the worst part at nerve-wrecking po talaga tumawag sakin yung representative telling me na na-overlooked daw nya yung dent, na andun na daw po yun before ko pa daw i-hand over sa kanya which is hindi naman po, then tumawag sakin yung supervisor nila regarding that same story po na-overlooked daw po nila yung dent. I know from the start hindi po nila tatanggapin yung claim ko regarding sa dent na yun, I know hindi nila ako papaniwalaan so even mag explain ako sa kanila yun lang ang sagot na sasabihin nila... mga Sir and Ma'am I have proof naman po na walang yung dent na yun as indicated sa checklist nila and sa resibo ko po... ano po kaya ang move ko na dapat gawin sa issue? Ayaw ko naman po tanggapin ng ganun kasi bagong-bago nung binigay ko sa kanila yung unit plus, almost 55k po ang bili ko sa iphone 6 plus ko po kaya sobrang nakaka-disappoint po talaga. Salamat po sa mag cocomment!

2. gonefishing8

gonefishing8 Member

Ask for replacement, stand by the checklist. It's their fault whether you're telling the truth or not. Unfortunately for them they accepted your unit w/o dent at least according to the checklist which btw they filled it up themselves.

If they will not honor the checklist and just can correct it verbally. It defeated the purpose of having it.

Ask them if it's the other way around. Will they honor your word if you say there's no dents, scratches even if it's indicated in the checklist that your phone full of dents and scratches?

3. risdj

risdj New Member

Oo nga po, that's what i'm telling them na di ako papayag. Salamat po sa comment atleast I know dapat talaga ipaglaban ko yung side ko. Thanks po!

4. l7224

l7224 Active Member

They carefully inspect units for scratches and dents exactly for this kind of issue. I doubt they overlooked it. Stand by the checklist on your receipt.

5. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Pahirapan yan kung di ka magagalit at magwawala di ka papansinin at seseryosohin. Matagal tagal na laban yan. Goodluck. Ibalik mo na yan uli.

6. risdj

risdj New Member

oo nga po sir, sobrang nagagalit na po ako, and parang wala lang po sa kanila even I can prove na talagang walang dent yun using their checklist and my receipt wala pa din sa kanila, sobrang nakakadala magpa-service sa kanila.

7. gabobito

gabobito Member

Pwede kaya ito i-escalate sa apple? Tell them na you won't accept the phone due to the dent, use the form as evidence and ask them to escalate it to apple to replace the unit?

8. risdj

risdj New Member

yes gabobito, i was trying to contact them... they gave me this number 1-800.... no answers pero ngayon i'm in online chat with apple and they're trying to help me pero if worst comes to worst siguro i'll report the nalang sa DTI since i have all the evidence...

9. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

Regardless if there is really a dent in the first place or not, they signed the checklist indicating there was no dent. Pag tinanggap mo yung unit, wala ka na habol.

10. Ethnic1702

Ethnic1702 New Member

Reprot it sa DTI at the same time call Apple report it. It's better if yo will call APPLE in the us

11. risdj

risdj New Member

Thank you mga sir sa advice, naging malaking tulong po sakin.

12. gabobito

gabobito Member

Good luck and hope your unit will be replaced

13. yes!

yes! Member

Let us know what happens bro, for our future reference:)

14. l7224

l7224 Active Member

Can't believe the supervisor, who was supposed to know better, sided on the staff.

15. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

That's probably the biggest problem with this case now.

16. risdj

risdj New Member

Hi, I tried apple chat support then since I was not able to contact 1-800... Na binigay nila sakin, what apple chat support did is they forwarded me to Apple SG then binigay ko yung cellphone number ko and Apple SG called me that day, regarding daw sa issue ko ang powermac daw ay partnership lang daw ng apple, which means yung powermac ay may sariling terms and regulations regarding sa services offered nila then some apple service centers have checklist and some don't to make the long story short apple is not in full control regarding that issue yung mga dents or mga malpractices done by our local service centers, UNLESS they refuse to service our iOS Devices that's the time mag take sila ng actions. Ang advice sakin nung Apple SG is lumapit nalang sa DTI or any government agencies regarding sa mga consumer's complaints. Then I called powermac, sabi 4mm and above is considered as a dent which can void our warranty daw so if less than 4mm hindi daw void ang warranty even in my case a brand new unit nagkaroon ng small deep dent na less than 4mm, now what's the purpose of putting our precious iphones sa mga mamahaling cases kung mismong service providers natin dito hindi iniinggatan ang phones natin and what's the purpose of having a checklist. Kaya mga sir and ma'am parang abuse po ang ginawa sakin ng powermac buying a 55k phone na pinagka-ingat ingatan po and never considered yung mga sinasabi ko... "Sorry, I / We understand po" yan ang sagot nila sayo, "Sorry" ang bayad sa hassle na ginawa sa inyo... Sakin.

#16 risdj, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  17. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

Another reason why I prefer Beyond the Box.

18. l7224

l7224 Active Member

First, there's no dent then it became too small a dent to void warranty. Obviously, someone's making a lot of excuses. It's a question of their integrity

19. jcfiesta

jcfiesta Member

If you're already in contact with Apple, you will be in good hands believe me. I had one issue before with a local telco not honoring warranty claims and all that Apple did was sent them a letter and my iPhone was replaced.

20. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Magnus - Charlie doesnt own PowerMac (dont associate his name with that lousy company ;))